Are you an experienced IT Support Engineer looking for a management role or someone with strong IT operations experience looking for a new career challenge? We’re looking for an assured and highly effective Assistant IT Manager to join a busy, thriving, creative and fast-growing award-winning media company.
We’re a multi-award winning publishing and events company with a strong portfolio of well known, much loved consumer and B2B exhibition, event and magazine brands.
We are one of the UK’s leading media owners, offering a competitive salary and genuine career progression within a creative, vibrant environment. The culture here is open and supportive and your contribution will be valued.
As the Assistant IT Manager your primary role will be assist the IT Technical Director in the management of the day to day operations of the IT department as well as have an active role with ongoing development.
You must have strong attention to detail, technical hands-on experience and previous experience of managing a small team.
- Assist in the management of the day to day operations of the IT department
- Plans and implement development changes at suitable times
- Encourage the development of the engineers in your department
- Manage the department budget and expenditure
- Ensure all department tech drawings and technical process documents are up to date
- Ensure the company backups are successful and the DR/HR plan is always ready
- 3+ years management experience or senior engineer looking to expand management and operations experience
- Active Directory
- Windows Server 2012
- TCP/IP Fundamentals
- MAC OSX
- DNS / DHCP
- Switching (Including VLAN’s)
- Linux (Ubuntu/Centos)
- Implementation and management of Office 365 (Desirable)
- Cloud Computing such as AWS, Site Ground, Azure (Desirable)
- Excellent attention to detail when draft policy documents and technical drawings
- Excellent communication skills
So if you can take on the above with confidence we want to hear from you! Apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job