Servoca Resourcing Solutions are looking for an Assistant Investigator to work on the File Build Unit within the Criminal Investigation Team with Hertfordshire Constabulary based in Stevenage.
Purpose of this role:
- To conduct enquiries as directed by the senior investigating or deputy senior investigating officer or appropriate line manager.
- To research, gather and obtain evidence and intelligence through.
- To provide administrative support to enable the efficient provision of service.
Main Responsibilities for this role
- Ensure that all data relating to investigation form an overall picture of the circumstances including the preparation or upgrade of files to designated standards.
- Accurately gather information, working closely and communicating with all levels of the Constabulary, other Police Forces and external organisations, analysing and interpreting data and bringing any new evidence or intelligence in the enquiry to the notice of an appropriate line manager.
- Interview suspects including using inferences, ensuring at all times the correct treatment of the detained individual.
- Carry out interviews with witnesses and victims where appropriate and obtain their statements.
- Undertake searches of premises of arrested or detained individuals and where appropriate seize and take control of items for further investigation.
- Produce written evidence and, where necessary and appropriate, deliver that evidence in court.
- Ability to conduct directed investigations with the public and suspects including taking statements.
- They will need a good working knowledge of the requirements of the National File Standard and of the Criminal Justice process.
- Ability to follow investigative processes.
- Ability to prepare documentation to build case files for prosecution to the appropriate standard.
- Ideally have experience of criminal investigation.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job