Interim (maternity cover) Assistant Health Improvement Manager
Base: Head Office in Reading
Travel:Travel required across the areas Smokefreelife Berkshire are commissioned to provide services; RBWM, Reading, Slough, West Berkshire, Wokingham
Summary of the Assistant Health Improvement Manager:
The post holder will be responsible for the management and delivery of a Stop Smoking Service (and Cardio-Wellness 4 Slough and Fallsfree4life in Slough) in the allocated unitary areas of Berkshire under the leadership of the Public Health Improvement and Performance Lead. This will include ensuring development of the competencies smoking cessation Advisors (Wellness Coaches, in Slough) in order to offer a quality service and to submit monthly returns data as required.
The successful Assistant Health Improvement Manager:
Facilitate training for Advisors (and Wellness Coaches in Slough) to provide expert advice to other professionals and colleagues on the management of Stop Smoking, Cardio-Wellness 4 Slough and Fallsfree4life.
Person Specification for the Assistant Health Improvement Manager:
- Experience of managing staff, including performance monitoring and personal development planning.
- Experience of working with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Effective partnership working with stakeholders, provider and third sector organisations in the field of health inequalities.
- Writing reports
- Running delivery in community settings, including outreach from mobile unit.
- Knowledge of behaviour change models
- Knowledge of the problems faced by socially disadvantaged sectors of the community.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing high quality, safe services which embed a culture of continuous development and improvement,
- IT systems including, spreadsheets, presentations and databases.
- Working knowledge of issues regarding information governance and management.
- Working knowledge regarding safeguarding processes and policies.
- Good communication and interaction skills which meet the needs of the post, including delivering presentation and preparing reports.
- Ability to adapt to workload pressures and deadlines / timescales
- Excellent time management skills.
- Self- motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Commitment to provide an excellent service
Education and Qualification:
- Knowledge of a specialist field acquired through experience or relevant degree.
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Management Qualification
ELIGIBLITY TO WORK IN THE UK
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Our client only accepts applications from candidates who are legally entitled to work in the UK.
NO SMOKING POLICY
Our client has a No Smoking Policy, which does not allow smoking by staff or visitors on any of our premises.
If you feel that you meet the criteria of the Assistant Health Improvement Manager then please apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job