Surrounded by 28 acres of land for play and relaxation in Dorset, The Forum School offers facilities that include a theatre, sports hall, riding arenas, climbing wall and swimming pool. Focused on supporting students aged 7-19 with Autism Spectrum Disorder, our multi-disciplinary teams ensure that every young person benefits from individually tailored support and a home away from home. This means our Support Workers work on a shift basis, including evenings and weekends .
Working with the Assiatnt Head of The Forum School in Dorset, you’ll thrive on the responsibility of:
- Participating as a member of the Senior Management Team of the School in the planning and implementation of policies, practice and working procedures.
- Identifying, in consultation with the Principal, Deputy Principal and Senior Management Team, the overall aims of the curriculum.
- Monitoring the assessment reporting and recording across the School, ensuring progress is made and there is evidence to support.
- Supporting the Principal and Deputy Principal within the school for the advertising, short-listing, interviewing and appointment of education staff.
- Liaise effectively and efficiently with the Principal, Deputy Principal and Care Services Manager.
- To hold regular progress meetings with young people.
- To establish and use effective channels of communication within and external to the School.
- Resolving all issues resulting from LAC/Annual Reviews.
- To ensure that staff are deployed in an efficient and effective manner via delegation to senior managers, thereby ensuring that the gender and experience balance is maintained.
- To actively contribute to the school quality systems procedures and also the School Improvement Plan.
At Cambian, we look after, empower and enable more than 2,100 children to live richer lives across 224 residential facilities, specialist schools and fostering offices. Having already gained 27 Ofsted ‘Outstanding Provider’ Awards, we’re as ambitious as ever – both for the students we support and for ourselves. Join us as a Support Worker and be inspired to improve young lives, as well as your own.
Applicants must hold Degree Level Teaching Qualification and a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
This is the rare opportunity to use your management skills to make a big difference to people’s lives, every day. Joining the UK’s largest provider of specialist childrens services, as an Assistant Head, you’ll support us to support our students – and in turn, we’ll provide generous benefits that include discounts, childcare vouchers, eye care vouchers, Cycle2Work and car sourcing schemes, and even a pension.
Successful applicants are subject to an enhanced DBS check which will be paid for by The Cambian Group.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'