Assistant Head of Warehousing
Howdens is looking for an Assistant Head of Warehousing to join the Warehouse Operations team to successfully manage all aspects of the Warehouse Operation, ensuring it operates to the agreed depot service levels and budget by leading and directing a diverse team to deliver the overall warehouse operational plan.
Based at our Howden Campus and reporting to the Head of Warehousing, we are looking for an experienced leader of people who will direct and develop a team of reports, ensuring engagement and performance is maximised so the operational plan and individual potential is achieved.
As the Assistant Head of Warehousing, you will drive safety and service, ensuring the Health, Safety and Well-being standards throughout the warehouse are meeting compliance requirements with SHE’s input and expertise. Key to the role is your ability to manage technical and people aspects of the warehouse operation, including physical planning, process flow, design and continuous improvement.
A commercial thinker and engaging communicator, you will be experienced in building excellent working relationships with your team and key internal and external stakeholders to ensure the campus can deliver its operational plan most efficiently and effectively.
What will I be doing as the Assistant Head of Warehousing:
- Contribute to the creation of the annual campus operating plan and, in line with that plan, continually review and act on any areas of improvement in order that the campus operates efficiently and effectively, and the network performance and depot service levels are maintained.
- Ensure the warehouse operation operates within Howden guidelines and legislative requirements to protect all campus personnel (employees, contractors, visitors etc) and reputation and ensure that operational compliance is maintained.
- Continuously review on a daily, weekly, and period basis the overall campus warehouse operation ensuring all objectives are achieved.
- Determines allocation of pre-determined resources to achieve plans in some cases, this may need to be approved by the Head of Warehousing.
- Focussing on delivery of the warehouse's annual operating plan.
What do I need to qualify for the Assistant Head of Warehousing?
- Previous experience in leading & managing teams, with outstanding people management skills.
- Knowledge and capability of working in an adaptive and fast-paced warehouse environment that has exacting standards and is focused on service and delivery.
- Up-to-date knowledge and understanding of industry standards/KPI’s.
- Working knowledge of relevant Legislation – Health and Safety, Employment Law etc.
- High proficiency in technical aspects of warehouse design and operation.
- A competent influencer who can build strong relationships internally and with external parties.
- Analytical, logical and numerate, with good financial acumen.
- Confident in presenting and interacting with stakeholders at multiple levels within a fast-paced environment.
- Relevant professional qualifications, e.g., NEBOSH, IOSH, ILM
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary and annual company bonus
- Fully expensed company car or car allowance
- Private medical insurance
- Competitive Pension Plan with a maximum company contribution of 12%
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays with the option to buy additional days
- Free onsite car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Staff Discount
- Exceptional Reward and Recognition events.
Howdens Joinery is the UK’s number one trade kitchen supplier providing thousands of products across kitchens, joinery, and hardware. We have over 800 depots throughout the UK and Europe – making us the first choice for more than 460,000 loyal trade professionals. With an ambitious and credible growth plan, we continue to build on our £2.3 billion sales made last year.
There is a strong entrepreneurial ethos and the opportunity to develop within a fast-paced and commercial environment. That, along with a competitive salary, development opportunities, and exciting rewards, are among the reasons why our people enjoy working for Howdens – and why we have been named as one of the 10 Best Big Companies to Work For.
How to apply:
We are building a future where world-class service, innovation, and sustainability are embedded within our DNA. If Howdens sounds like the kind of place where you can build and develop your career, then we are keen to hear from you.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'