Assistant Head of Estates - Acquisitions and Disposals
About the job
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
To help achieve our objective of equipping Defence with a smaller, more efficient and better-quality estate the Estates Division is seeking a motivated and a suitably qualified B2 Assistant Head of Estates to help lead our established Acquisitions and Disposals (A&D) teams. Customer focused you will be an experienced property professional and team leader, who will deliver challenging and varied estate surveying projects and expert advice to customs.
The role of Assistant Head of Estates (Principal Surveyor A&D) will bring experience and understanding of commercial and residential development to DIO, taking on responsibility for the delivery of capital receipts across the DIO property portfolio. You will have experience in dealing with major property disposals, property development and the town planning process. You will also have a demonstrable knowledge of joint venture development partnerships for large scale residential and mixed-use schemes
The post advertised is for 37 hours net, however the Ministry of Defence offers a range of flexibilities to enable a better work-life balance for employees. Flexible working, Part-time working and Job Share working patterns will be considered.
We currently hold 2 B2 Assistant Head of Estates (Principal Surveyor A&D) positions, both posts will coordinate a diverse range of projects in the UK and will have a specific focus on unlocking value and delivering disposals within an agreed timeframe to support infrastructure optimisation on retained sites.
Core responsibilities to be covered by both roles are:
• Planning and delivery of disposal sites in the Business as Usual (BAU) and Defence Estate Optimisation( DEO) Programme
• Key stakeholder interface for DEO Programme
• Lead client role for disposal delivery partnerships
• Data management and coordination for portfolio of sites
• Informed client for commissioning and managing consultancy services
• Coordination of reporting and approvals
• Direct support to Deputy Head (DH) and Head (Hd) of Estates
Specific targeted responsibilities for each role are:
Post 1 : Lead customer interface for Generated Force (Army). Key role in communicating Estates activities at a senior level, responding to customer needs and enquiries, working closely with Defence Estate Optimisation (DEO) Programme and Project Managers to monitor and respond to programme risks, issues and dependencies.
Post 2 : Lead customer interface for Air, Navy, Head Office and Corporate Services (HOCS), Joint Forces Command (JFC) and DIO Top Level Budget Holders (TLBs). Key role in communicating Estates activities at a senior level, responding to customer needs and enquiries, working closely with Defence Estate Optimisation (DEO) Programme and Project Managers to monitor and respond to programme risks, issues and dependencies.
DIO adopts a smarter working policy: The post holder would be based out of the main office location but have the flexibility to work out of other DIO Offices. All employees are provided with IT equipment to facilitate smarter working.
ResponsibilitiesLeadership and Management
• Provide strategic direction to team members to deliver DIO outputs
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to the DIO guiding principles
• Responsible for managing, developing and supporting the team, enabling them to deliver Departmental goals whilst managing performance
• Create an environment of strong working relationships both within the team and across Estates, DIO and MoD
• Accountable to Senior Management for the performance of the team reporting to this post
Subject Matter Expert Advice
• Provide strategic planning, development and estate management advice on how to optimise complex disposal projects during their inception and delivery stages.
• Provide challenge to existing strategy assumptions and identify opportunities for programme and cost savings or further value enhancements within existing strategies. Be able to contribute toward building consensus during options testing of complex propositions.
• Working with other parts of DIO to ensure that all Business Cases are developed to a required standard and changes are implemented in a consistent manner and that benefits are realised, measured and monitored and corrective actions taken where required
• Working with Data Analytics and Insight directorate to perform expert level review, analysis and validation of major infrastructure programmes and projects, preparing executive level reports and briefs as required
• Working with Financial and Commercial directorates to ensure that the economic, financial and commercially appropriate cases for change behind programmes and projects are robust and delivered
• Working with the Estates Optimisation team to: ensure that disposal strategies are aligned to wider objectives projects are meeting requirements and are being successfully implemented.
• Working with other industry partners to ensure that changes are achievable
• Working with other directorate staff and under direction of Deputy Head of Estates, Acquisitions & Disposals, to build relationships with Senior Customers, Developers, local government and other regional stakeholders
• Ensure that liaison with other DIO business areas, Front Line Commands (FLC’s) and other stakeholders on programmes takes place as necessary to ensure effective and efficient project delivery
• Ability to influence both within DIO and the wider stakeholder groups
• Provide expert support to DH of Acquisitions and Disposals and other senior DIO staff as required.
• Help to implement MoD and DIO human resources policies, procedures and practices
• Produce project status reports and presentations for communication to governance boards
• Management and accountable for the project risks, issues, dependencies and other governance matters for their disposal portfolio.
Development & Disposals Project Management
• Development & Disposals Project Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'