Starting your career with BCA you will learn a lot about our business, the industry and achieve a professional qualification. You will work on the Group Finance’s key deliverables such as the production of the Annual and Half Year Plc financial statements, internal group management account report for the board of directors to support decision making and the preparation of forecasts and budgets. The role will give you and overview and understanding of all the divisions around the group.
You will be fully funded through an ACCA qualification under the new apprenticeship
standard, Professional Accountancy Apprenticeship at Level 7. The qualification is expected to take 3 years to complete.
Working within a professional department you will have the opportunity to work with all members of the group finance team who have a broad experience, you will also be supported by a mentor, for the first few years of your professional life.
Introduction to BCA
BCA owns and operates the UK’s and Europe’s largest used vehicle exchange, both in terms of the number of vehicles sold and revenue, and with WeBuyAnyCar, is the UK’s leading provider of vehicle buying services. The Group’s Automotive Services division has the largest transporter fleet in the UK, significant storage capacity and technical expertise in vehicle preparation and refurbishment. From technical and logistics services for new vehicles, refurbishment, storage and logistics for the growing used sector and the core remarketing and auction operation, BCA offers the economies of scale and range of services to meet the needs of an impressive portfolio of customers.
- FTSE 250 Group
- Owner of WeBuyAnyCar.com
- High growth business - 5 acquisitions since June 2015
- BCA is 70 years old
- 1.3 million vehicles sold at auction last year
- 2.5 million vehicles transported last year
- Revenue in excess of £2 billion and Adjusted EBITDA of £135.9m
As the automotive industry continues to evolve, BCA Marketplace is uniquely placed to deliver a comprehensive range of linked services through the combined infrastructure of regional de-fleet facilities, vehicle logistics and preparation centres and a suite of remarketing channels, including physical, hybrid and digital exchanges. BCA’s Partner Finance offering provides additional liquidity to buyers to support growth.
BCA is investing and innovating in its business today in order to be best placed to benefit from the changing face of the automotive industry of tomorrow.
Further information on the group is available at www.bcamarketplaceplc.com, which will provide further insight into this diverse and complex business, as well as containing the latest annual report.
Group Finance and the role
Group Finance operates as a centre of technical excellence for the Group and works as a multi-disciplinary team to offer guidance and support to the business as a whole. The core responsibilities of the department consist of Accounting & Reporting, Tax & Treasury and Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A).
- Accounting & Reporting is responsible for internal Group reports to the Board of Directors as well as external reporting to the shareholders.
- Tax covers UK and European tax compliance and planning. Treasury involves cash forecasting cash management and compliance with the Group debt facility,
- FP&A focuses on group budgeting and forecasting and long-term planning through understanding of historical trends and the current business environment.
The successful candidate would be involved in a range of activities within the above Group Finance functions including but not limited to;
Reporting & Accounting
- As part of the wider team support the preparation of the monthly consolidated management accounts
- Preparation of analysis for analytical review and auditors
- Contribute to the production of high quality externally reported financial statements and subsidiary financial statements
- Holding company payments and book-keeping entries
- Produce and analyse holding company cost centre reports
Tax & Treasury
- Analysis to support VAT and tax returns
- Preparation and interpretation of daily cash reporting
- Assist in preparing consolidated budget and forecasts
- Contribute to and review the budget and forecast board papers
- Ad Hoc analysis projects as required
The above is an illustrative list, but does identify the breadth and scope of the role which the successful candidate will be involved in and develop knowledge of. As the apprenticeship progresses and experience increases direct responsibility will increase.
- 2.1 degree, a finance related subject would be beneficial but not essential
- GCSE Maths Grade B or above and English Grade C or above
- Good oral and written communication skills a prerequisite
- Excellent interpersonal skills - Articulate, persuasive, confident, possessing sound intellect
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and manage time effectively
- Experience of using Excel, MS Word and Powerpoint would be an advantage
- Willing and quick to learn
Salary and benefits package:
The remuneration package will comprise:
- Basic salary: £25k
- Discretionary Bonus
- 23 days holiday
- Pension scheme (after qualification)
- Private health cover (after qualification)
- Fully funded ACCA qualification under the new apprenticeship standard,
- Professional Accountancy Apprenticeship at Level 7.
- Mentoring by a qualified member of staff
- Financial Planning
- Financial Statements
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job