We are currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Greenkeeper for the Belfry Hotel and Golf Resort, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands. The Resort has been awarded 'England’s Leading Resort & England’s Best Golf Hotel’ the past two years and 'Europe’s Best Golf Resort’ 2016. The Belfry is proud of its rich sporting history and heritage, hosting the Ryder Cup four times in 1985, 1989, 1993 & 2002.
The Assistant Greenkeeper is to undertake general course maintenance on a daily basis under the management of the Head Greenkeeper to ensure that the site is well kept throughout the golfing season.
Scope of the Role:
• To undertake general mowing duties on a daily basis including; greens, tees, fairways, rough, and semi rough areas to the required standards.
• To undertake bunker maintenance daily including; raking, edging, re-sanding and debris clearance to the required standards.
• To undertake strimming and flymo duties on a weekly basis as required and operate the relevant machinery in line health and safety regulations and operational standards.
• To undertake turf repairs and re-turfing duties as and when necessary.
• To undertake hand watering of turf in order to keep the course to the highest standard.
• Carry out other duties that may be necessary from time to time.
• THIS IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST
The job holder will also:
• Observe and adhere to the companies’ policies and procedures, undergoing relevant training and development to fulfil the requirements of the Company and the post.
• This job description is designed to highlight the key areas of work, objectives will be agreed.
• The duties & responsibilities listed above are not intended to be exhaustive, but are set out to indicate the main areas of activity currently expected in this position. You will be expected to adopt a flexible approach to the needs of the role.
• This job description is an outline of the role & function; it is not intended to be specific for all tasks.
What’s in it for me?
- Salary meets NMW
- Meals On Duty
- Free Car parking
- 28 Days Holiday increasing to 33 after 5 year service
- Team, Friends and Family discount on rooms B&B + leisure
- Discounted stays at Our sister Hotels
- Up to 40% Discount on Food and Beverage outlets
- Up to 40% Discount at The Spa on Beauty treatments
- Discounted Gym Membership for you and your partner
-Plus Many Many More
If you feel that you fulfil the above criteria and are ready for your next career step within a progressive Hotel Company that provides lots of future career opportunities, training and progression we look forward to receiving your application in strictest confidence.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job