Assistant General Manager - Stylish High-End Restaurant/Gastro Operation
Location: Oldham Area
Salary: £24,000-28,000 (Depending on experience)
* You MUST have a minimum of 2+ years current Assistant General Manager experience a stylish, high-end, high-volume operation! **
Our client, a very high-end, stylish, yet relaxed restaurant and bar operation is looking for a highly experienced, hands-on Assistant General Manager to assist in the running of their operation. Serving an array of sumptuous mouth-watering dishes, the operation is popular with all ages and serves not only the local area, but clients coming from far and wide to sample their delicious menu and array of quality drinks.
With exciting expansion plans quickly taking shape, this opportunity will also open the door to huge progression opportunities! Also, with it being a busy high volume operation set to get even busier, we are looking for a strong Assistant General Manager for this role.
The successful Assistant General Manager will need to be a real personality, excellent with clients, a real hands on manager and be the face of the venue building a great rapport with the clientele. You will also need to be confident and have experience managing a large team, as this is a busy venue with a large staff base (full time and part time staff).
As well as hands-on front of house management, there well The role will also include financial budgeting and planning writing rotas, controlling labour costs, as well as ordering stock and ensuring service standards are at the highest level.
You will run the entire restaurant and bar operation as if it were their own, be able to drive sales, propose ideas to implement into the business and work with the kitchen team to drive the food sales; all whilst leading from the front. The role has a great deal of scope and the successful Manager will have a great opportunity to push themselves and the business further, develop their career and be rewarded for their success.
* You will be happy to work evenings and weekends where necessary
* A minimum of 2 years solid experience as a Assistant General Manager in a high-end, high volume, stylish restaurant environment
* Strong financial acumen - Profit & Loss, GPs, stock controls and Wage %
* Excellent leadership qualities and be able to recruit, train, develop and manage a large yet fantastic team
* A great passion for and knowledge of food, drinks and the hospitality industry
* You must be energetic and passionate about the bar and food industry, and have very good all round knowledge
* Experience of marketing and using modern social media mediums such as Twitter and Facebook is advantageous
* Experience of working in a quality environment with premium products and a good floor and table service second to none
* Strong organisational skills, multitasking skills and be used to making your own decisions as you will have full autonomy
* You must be a great host and front of house operator - smart and well-presented
THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
1. Meeting with Berkeley Scott
As this is a highly confidential role and the employer wishes for us to meet every candidate in prior to submittal, the first stage will be a meeting with Berkeley Scott.
2. Face to face interview with the employer
Should the employer then wish to meet you, the 2nd stage will be a face to face interview with the employer.
3. Trial shift
In order to ensure your enquiry with regards to this position is dealt with quickly, please send in an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae in a Word Document format.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job