Assistant General Manager - Leisure Centre in Hounslow - £32,330 basic salary
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Assistant General Manager for one of the leading, community orientated leisure operators in West London. This is a multi-faceted site with facilities including gyms, pools, sports hall, and café. The role is suited to an assistant manager or operations manager looking for the next step in their career. There are great opportunities for future growth within an established leisure operator this is a fantastic opportunity to progress your health and fitness career.
Reporting to the General Manager, as Assistant General Manager you will be responsible for the day-to-day service delivery of the centre, actively managing the site teams as well as being accountable for our customer satisfaction whilst delivering against the P&L.
- Achieve centre financial targets and dry side KPIs, including customer service targets, occupancy targets, revenue targets, payroll costs and participation levels
- Continuously review dry side programming, developing, and improving as required
- Review marketing collateral regularly to ensure it is effective and up to date
- Deliver high quality services and standards within the centre
- Ensure all safe systems at work are adhered to and general building management including maintenance and repairs
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers, handling, and escalating complaints where appropriate
- Ensure the delivery of enjoyable, cost-effective, and safe activities
- Support the preparation of annual service plans, financial plans, and statistics
- Line management responsibilities for recruitment, induction, delivering training, appraisal, development, and performance management of staff, including 1-2-1s
- Management experience in the leisure, hospitality, or service industries
- Experience of leading a team including training, development, performance management and recruiting staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to influence and persuade.
- Good numerical skills with experience in financial management and managing budgets in line with P&L Targets
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of meeting financial targets
- Hold a First Aid at Work Certificate or be able to undertake one
- Experience of managing Health & Safety and Compliance in a similar operational role. Be confident in your ability to understand and implement legislation.
- 22 Days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Electric Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Free Gym Membership
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Employee assistance programme
This is a Full Time position, with weekend working required. Please apply ASAP for more info!
- Leisure Centre
- Fitness Industry
- Leisure Industry
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'