DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• In conjunction with the F&B Manager, responsible for establishing and maintaining high standards of professional service at all times in the restaurant and bar areas.
• Day-to-day responsibility for the department on the days/shifts the F&B Manager is not working and deputising for them in their absence.
• Develop professional relationships with guests and members.
• Assisting with recruiting, inducting, training, performance and development of all restaurant and bar staff to the Hotel/Spa’s high standards which includes carrying out return to work interviews and liaising with HR in respect of absence or sickness issues/staff related issues.
• Responsible for handling escalated comments from guests and resolving in line with company procedures.
• Assisting with the profitability of the department.
• Ensure a full shift handover is completed.
• Ensuring all dietary sheets are provided for guests with specific requirements.
• Overseeing the cleanliness of all the restaurant and coffee bar areas at all times.
• Supporting the F&B Manager with monitoring and managing the financial performance of the department (including costs) on a monthly basis.
• Supporting the F&B Manager for ensuring all sales are documented and forward all room charge receipts to front of house to posted to guest accounts. Ensuring the accurate record keeping of complimentary items to account for stock deficiencies.
• Ensuring all service staff had a good knowledge of nutrition and adhere to dietary policies. • Ensuring booking sheets are prepared and pre-bookings entered.
• Ensure staff are on the rota and delegating responsibilities where necessary as per the business needs and forecasting.
• Attend staff meetings and briefings as required, deputising for the F&B Manager where necessary.
• Updating the People System in relation to rotas, absences etc. Ensuring staff have log-ins and are able to clock-in.
• Ensuring all staff are fully briefed before every shift, checking daily menu’s with the senior chef on duty and staff appearance is in line with company dress code. Allocating tasks during the briefing.
• Maintaining a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in all areas and recommend any changes/requirements necessary to the F&B Manager.
• Ensuring the buffet is well organised and presentation in the restaurants and bars is correct at all times.
• Managing wine orders from agreed wine lists as required in accordance with department procedures and maintaining adequate stock levels within the fridges.
• To know and understand guests’ dietary requirements and ensure all restaurant staff are informed and understand this too.
• Managing stock control of wine, linen, dry goods etc within allocated budget.
• Overseeing the efficient room service operation.
• Helping to meet guest feedback targets as set by the General Manager and looking to make continuous improvement.
• Ensure clear communication is maintained between the Restaurant and other Departments.
• Deal with suppliers on a daily basis
• Responsible for the hygiene standards of the restaurants and bars.
• Organising additional functions as required.
• Attend training courses as required and ensure staff in the department attend.
• To work towards the objectives of the Restaurant and Resort.
• To be fully conversant with the Resort’s emergency procedures.
• Ensure that health and safety standards are maintained in the restaurant and action/report any hazards as necessary.
• Undertaking duty manager responsibilities on a rota basis.
• Comply and with all Company Policy and Procedures
• Complete any other reasonable duties as requested by the Senior Management Team and to ensure the smooth running of the service areas.
• Degree or college diploma or equivalent in food and beverage management and/or hotel management preferable.
• Food hygiene certificate, training can be given. Experience
• Supervisory experience working in a high quality restaurant/establishment.
• Experience of managing people and motivating a team.
• Health and safety experience desirable. Skills
• Strong management and motivational skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Outstanding customer service
• Effective communication skills dealing with both internal and external contacts.
• Attention to detail
• Computer skills for entering details Knowledge and Understanding
• Nutritional and Allergy requirements
• Full knowledge and understanding of all department, purchasing, invoicing and HR policies and procedures
• Must have a passion and love for food.
• Flexibility to work shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays subject to rota and a willingness to extend of change hours and days of work from time to time upon request and subject to operational requirements.
We offer industry competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package, which includes:
Contracted 28 days / shifts annual holiday including bank holidays, which increases with service.
Generous staff discount in the Hotel/Spa’s boutique and retail offer.
Employee and family member discount for mid-week residential breaks at Hotel/Spa's resorts.
Complimentary staff spa facility day on successful completion of probationary period.
Subsidised meals whilst on duty.
Discounted Hotel/Spa’s Club Membership.
Childcare voucher scheme.
Participation in Wider Wallet shopping discount scheme.
Option to join private healthcare scheme.
Training and development opportunities.
Some restrictions or variations may apply depending on resort, role and length of service.
Our benefits package is subject to review from time to time.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job