We are seeking an aspiring future Food & Beverage Manager to take up a recently available position as the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager for this luxury hotel property on the outskirts of Woking, Surrey.
Having recently been subject to a multi-million pound rejuvenation project, this is an incredible opportunity for an aspiring F+B Supervisor, looking to take the next step in their career, whilst developing their management skills under one of the region's most experienced F+B Managers.
Due to the hours and location, applicants are required to have their own transport. The property is not reachable by public transport and no on-site accommodation is available. You will be contracted to work 45 hours a week, 5 days from 7 including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
We are looking for candidates who are; professional, strong communicators, have good attention to detail, are reliable, committed and looking for a long-term project to develop themselves over the next few years. It's preferable that candidates have experience in F+B/C+B operations within a 4/5* hotel or similar however this isn't essential.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
Scope of the role
- Assist in managing the activities of the F&B area, improve productivity, merchandising, food quality and service to increase volume, sales and profits.
- Ensure that F&B area is set up in accordance with venue function requirements, ensuring the brand standards are maintained throughout.
- Evaluate and monitor standards within the F&B Operation and make improvements where necessary, in conjunction with the F&B Manager. Supplying the highest levels of customer care and service whether in the public eye or in the back of house areas.
- Meet and greet and pre-event meetings for functions regarding final details.
- Monitor and ensure that F&B team observe the correct procedures for setting up of meeting rooms, taking orders, serving food and beverages, clearing tables and billing guests, as required.
- Conduct regular operational briefings with the F&B team to ensure all colleagues are aware of their responsibilities.
- Ensure that all F&B team members in the areas assigned to you receive induction, skills training and regular communication in order to deliver a highly trained and motivated workforce.
- To be aware of stock levels of equipment ensuring the department has the necessary resources to service the business demands.
- React to all audits that are completed and passed to the venue and produce action plans, as required.
- Work continually to improve customer feedback
- Develop high standards of customer care, including the supervision and monitoring of the service and production of all food and drink.
- Carry out duty management shifts when required.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels in relation to business requirements and that timesheets reflect information on your department rota.
- Ensure the areas of responsibility are kept presentable and tidy.
- Collect and sign for float and keys from Reception, entering cash float on the Float Record Sheet before putting into till.
- Ensure all monies are handled correctly and ensuring that all room/main accounts charges are signed for.
- Ensure that all equipment is correctly cleaned and turned off at the end of the shift ensuring that equipment is in working order.
- At the end of the day ensure that the area you have been responsible for is closed down and cleaned in accordance with the closing down procedure.
- Ensure that when the bar areas are not in use they are securely locked and keys are handed to Reception.
- Complete preparation sheets for delegation of tasks for forthcoming events ensuring that all tasks have been completed prior to event/function.
- Delegation of duties to staff at appropriate times in a positive manner and monitor progress.
- Excellent Maths and English
- Sales experience
- Knowledge of Opera is preferable
- Microsoft office - word, excel, outlook etc.
- Worked within hotel industry
- Excellent written and oral communication - must be confident and articulate
- A real passion for F&B is a must for this role
- Creative - originality and new ideas highly valued
- Eye for design with high attention to detail
- Well organised - ability to work under pressure and to deadlines and targets, with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- A can-do attitude, team player, spirited & relentless in your objectives
- Great organisational and administrative skills
- You will also be able to manage people in a consultative style, by balancing control with encouragement and having ability to manage conflicts.
- Passion to go the extra mile for the customer
- Hotel Management
- Restaurant Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'