Our client, a collection of 5* Luxury Country House Hotels, is presently seeking an Assistant F+B Manager to join it's already established team.
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager (1 of 2) to ensure food and beverage service standards across the Restaurant, Wedding, Conference, Lounge and Bar service areas.
Their 60 cover restaurant offers 3 Rosette standard food across breakfast, lunch and dinner service. The restaurant also hosts private events, conferences, celebration dinners & weddings. Traditional afternoon tea is served in the sumptuous lounges and outside terraces.
Candidates must have a passion for food and wine and guest service and be willing and able to manage a small team across the range of food and beverage areas of the hotel. In addition this role involves the completion of Duty Management shifts to support the senior team in managing the hotels day to day operation.
Shifts are completed 5 days per week, flexible shifts covering breakfast/lunch/dinner on a rota basis including weekends.
Reporting to the Hotels Food & Beverage Manager the role of Assistant F & B Manager has responsibility for the full management and operation of all aspects of the food and beverage service operation;
- Responsibility for; Restaurant, Afternoon tea, Banqueting and Lounge Service F&B service standards with the F&B Manager
- Assisting with Staffing - recruitment/rostering/timesheets
- Achievement of 4 Red Star service standards
- F&B service standards to match 3 Rosette food rating
- Hosting and delivering service to wedding, conference and leisure guests
- Food hygiene management in all service areas
- Compilation, implementation, training and coaching of all service standards
- Development of product and technical knowledge in teams by regular briefings/coaching sessions
- Coaching, training and development of team
- Achievement of positive Mystery Guest scores/comments
- Joint responsibility for the food & beverage service team with the other Asst F & B Manager; Restaurant Supervisor, team of 5 permanent waiters/esses and seasonal casuals
- Hands on leader managing a team of 5 employees plus seasonal casual staff.
- Ability to manage and inspire a team of dedicated employees
- Located locally for ease of completing shifts
- Quality restaurant to 2/3 Rosette level and banqueting experience in a similar style operation.
- Experience of service standards development away from the corporate brands.
- A passion for coaching, training and developing their team.
- A smart and friendly disposition for guest liaison / Wedding tasting appointments / Hosting events / Duty Management.
- Team player with internal customers.
- Proven record of retention of any awards gained.
- Proven record of stability in job roles.
- Up to £22 - £24,000 (dependant on experience) including a guaranteed service payment
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all group hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all group hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme. In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday.
Due to it's location applicants must have their own transport. The property is not serviced by public transport. No accommodation available.
- Hotel Management
- Fine Dining
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job