Assistant Financial Controller
Are you an experienced Assistant Financial Controller?
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for a talented individual to join the Finance team in a role that will provide you various development prospects; In this position, you will be responsible for assisting the Financial Controller with the accounting operations of the company. The purpose of this role is to manage the day to day activities of the accounting functions within AFL to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results are produced on time.
It is crucial that you understand the expectations to hit targets and meet deadlines will be high and therefore additional hours will be required especially at month end.
The ideal candidate will be someone that is not afraid of a challenge, proactive and has a proven track record in automating reporting and processes.
- Prepare and submit periodic financial statements and reports to the US parent within the set deadlines
- Prepare annual business plans and monthly re-forecasts.
- Oversee provision of any financial information for any other stakeholders Asist in the management of the annual statutory audit and statutory accounts preparation
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company's finances
- Review procedures and controls and assist in assessing any efficiency proposals.
- Using the financial control framework, ensure compliance with the Parent Company's policies and procedures
- Assist in the management of the internal audit testing & reporting and manage a range of admin and compliance issues.
- Develop information systems and assist in implementation of ERP systems
- Assist in developing and implementing a standard costing model in compliance with US GAAP.
- Ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of relevant company taxes.
- Assist in monthly / quarterly stocktakes
- Help in the day to day management of a small finance team
- Deputise for the Financial Controller
- Carry out any additional reasonable requests made by the business within the individual's capabilities and possessing the necessary experience and training.
Training & Education
- Professionally qualified - ACCA, CIMA, or ACA
- Practical skills experience within a manufacturing business or large audit firm, possessing 1-2 years PQE
- A-C GCSE Level or equivalent in English and Maths;
- Recognised Management Qualification
- Good understanding of business and financial issues
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Mixed Audit and Corporate background
- Experience of resolving people management issues
- Controls based environment
- Experience of manufacturing industry
- Experience of managing a multi- cultural workforce;
Skills & Knowledge
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with both immediate team members and other production teams;
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of Change Management.
- PC literate with Words, Excel, Crystal reports & PowerPoint skills.
- Knowledge of HR policies and procedures.
- Report writing & presentation skills.
- Coaching and Development
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for please apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"