My client a leading Property and Investment business are seeking to hire an Assistant Financial Controller within their finance team based in London. The Group has a diverse portfolio of financial investments and has a global presence.
The Property and Investment Finance department is responsible for the financial and
management accounting and reporting for a range of entities within the group.
- Day-to-day oversight of the finance function, supporting the department head and managing a small finance team (10-15 employees).
- Ensure month end is closed on a timely and accurate basis.
- Oversee preparation of the quarterly accounts.
- Manage the external audit to ensure accurate and timely sign off of audited financial statements.
- Ensure departmental accounting standards are maintained and control processes reviewed and enforced. Recommend and implement improvements.
- Liaison with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including Group and Tax departments.
Essential skills & experience
- 3 years + experience in similar role
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA).
- Experience of managing a team.
- Experience of producing management and statutory accounts.
- Very strong technical skills and an ability to deal with complex transactions such as investment acquisitions and disposals.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in the property/investment industry and a commercial awareness a definite advantage.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job