Temporary - 1 year maternity cover
Reporting to - Financial Accountant
Hybrid Working - 2 days per week in the office
Purpose of role -
The Assistant Financial Accountant’s primary role is to assist in providing a financial accounting service to the Group entities to achieve their business objectives whilst ensuring compliance with all relevant statutory rules and regulations.
The post holder will assist in ensuring adequate financial controls and processes are in place to safeguard the companies’ assets, minimise risk of fraud and identifying any errors.
The post holder will maintain and provide analysis of key financial information, ensure balance sheet accounts are reconciled, accruals/prepayments are done, and all transactions posted to trial balance stage monthly to strict deadlines.
Main Duties -
Monthly Management Accounts
- Ensure month end close is completed to deadlines and all balance sheet accounts are reconciled each month, discrepancies are investigated and corrected in a timely manner
- Ensure the monthly accounting records for all group companies are completed to trial balance stage each month to strict deadlines to enable Business partners to assist budget holders in understanding and managing their budgets
- Manage the month end process: journal preparation, posting of monthly accruals, deferrals and prepayments, inter-company mismatch and postings to suspense are cleared
- Maintain schedules of acquisitions, analysing costs between revenue and capital, in line with nominal ledger codes in Integra monthly, to provide the basis for year-end audit schedule
- Project funding requirements for capital projects by liaising with the Acquisitions Team to ensure that funding is requested on time
- Provide actual costs to date for monthly capital expenditure reports for the HRA Accountant to assist them with forecasting and invoicing for costs
- Ensure that the fixed asset register is maintained and reconciles to system balances and ensuring that monthly depreciation is accurately calculated and posted on to Integra
- Upload payroll reports from Payroll providers on to Integra and reconcile
HMRC and Tax
- Responsible for the Group’s accurate and timely Construction Industry Tax (CIS) submission, reconciliation, dealing with queries and the monthly return documents for the individual subsidiaries ensuring that payment is made to HMRC by the required deadlines
- Ensure all subcontractors who are under the CIS scheme have the appropriate documentation submitted, filed and verified with HMRC, and that all sub-contractors are notified on a monthly basis of any CIS deductions made
Management and Setting up of Suppliers
- Verifying new supplier details, especially bank details in line with company procedures and checking the employment status of sole traders
- Setting up new supplier accounts and amending them
- Routinely carrying out supplier reviews and de-activating unused suppliers
- Providing exception reports identified by Equifax to the Financial Accountant for action on a regular basis
- Ensure all bank accounts assigned to the team are reconciled monthly with any discrepancies investigated as per month end timetable and authorised by the Financial Accountant/Group Financial Services Manager
- Assist the Financial Accountant in processing of monthly overtime, mileage and other casual payroll claims for the payrolls undertaken by the team
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'