SF Group are currently recruiting for an Assistant Financial Accountant on a permanent basis. Due to growth and expansion, our client has an exciting opportunity. As the Assistant Financial Accountant you will be responsible for supporting the Financial Accountant in day to day tasks; ensuring all aspects of accounts are conducted in line with best practice and company policy and procedures. Whilst initially the role will focus on supporting the UK business, in time there will be increased emphasis on supporting the wider group including the US businesses. You will report to the UK Financial Accountant.
- Assisting in preparation of Management Accounts
- Preparation of Accruals and Prepayments
- Bank reconciliations
- Monthly VAT reconciliations
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets register
- Support Financial Accountant in preparation of Balance Sheet Reconciliation including Inter-company reconciliation
- Profit and Loss analysis
- Variance analysis
- Managing Aged Debtors
- VAT returns and NIC/PAYE payments
- Assist in customer billing process
- Assisting Financial Accountant in cash flow forecasting of income and expenditure
- Supporting Year-End/Audit process
- Ad hoc analyses and reports
The successful candidate will have 2 years minimum experience working within an accounts department with a thorough understanding of how the Accounting Function works. You will be working in a fast paced environment, so excellent organisational skills, time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines are essential.
Essential skills and experience:
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Good working knowledge of VAT processing and administration
- AAT qualified/Part ACCA qualified
- Experience of process improvement and implementation
- Experience in collecting and analysing data
- Strong interpersonal/telephone skills
If this sounds like the role for you please apply for immediate consideration.