RattrayParkin are recruiting for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join a leading blue-chip business based near Loughborough.
Reporting to the Group Accountant, you will work as part of a team to produce monthly accounts for several group companies.
- Ensure the trial balance is up to date at each month end
- Prepare relevant journals and reports for review
- Reconcile the bank statements on a weekly and monthly basis
- Prepare and submit the quarterly VAT returns and monthly EC sales and Intrastat returns
- Enter month end figures into Group reporting for submission
- Complete Group reports in line with Group deadlines
- Prepare adhoc and KPI returns for submission
- Assist the Group Accountant in preparing the Year-end audit file and returns
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Provide support to other teams as needed
Ideally you will have:
- Previous financial accounting experience
- Strong technical skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Keen to learn and progress
- Preferably studying ACCA/CIMA
This role will give you a lot of exposure within a large plc group function. Other candidates who have started in these roles have moved on within the business through promotion.
As well as a competitive salary, study support is offered, along with a 10% bonus. This is a great role for a part-qualified candidate who is seeking new skills and a proven career path.
- Balance Sheet
- Financial Accounting
- Trial Balance
- Monthly Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job