Reporting into the Financial Accountant, focusing on Financial Accounts, Fixed Assets, VAT and more.
My client is a global, well respect technology company based in Gloucester.
Some of the key responsibilities of an Assistant Financial Accountant include:
- Assist in the preparation of the statutory Financial Accounts for all entities as well as act as a point of contact during the year end process with external auditors.
- Maintain the short term cash flow forecast, report weekly variances to forecast, continuously look for ways to improve accuracy for both inflows and outflows.
- Ensure that all capital expenditure is appropriately authorised, processed, reconciled and reported against budget monthly. Working in collaboration with the Strategic Finance team in respect of the capital approval process.
- Lead all VAT returns and ensure full compliance with all VAT regulation for both invoices as well as internal processes.
- Support ongoing financial accounts transformation projects and contribute to the ongoing review and improvement of process
A successful Assistant Financial Accountant:
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Excel modelling and formula
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to challenge
- Level 4 AAT (or taking final exams towards it) or appropriate university degree
- Proven record of working in the same/similar role
- Studying towards their CIMA/ACCA
On offer to a successful Assistant Financial Accountant is the opportunity to work within a great company offering a competitive salary and benefits.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job