Assistant Financial Accountant
Salary: Up to 25,000 Plus full Study support and fantastic benefits
A highly successful business based in Burnley with a turnover in excess of 2 billion and an ambitious growth strategy are currently recruiting for a highly committed Assistant Financial Accountant or ambitious Accounts Assistant looking for that next step up with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
As Assistant Accountant, the successful candidate would report directly in to a top 4 Financial Controller.
- Preparation and demonstration of understanding across a wide range of P&L and balance sheet account reconciliations, identifying and resolving anomalies and managing any risks/opportunities.
- Accruals & Pre Payments
- Month end journals
- Working closely with the business on a day to day basis to deliver operational requirements.
- Supporting the Financial Accounting Manager to ensure the overall reported financial results are robust through the ongoing development of internal controls.
- Driving and supporting Continuous Improvement of role and wider team processes.
- Providing expertise and role related knowledge to both Internal and External Audit teams as required.
- Ensuring that all accounting entries processed adhere to internal controls and policies
- Liaising with and fostering good relations within other areas of finance and the business.
Standards of Performance/KPIs
- Ability to get up to speed with the existing processes.
- Build and improve the quality and insightfulness of balance sheet reconciliations to be evidenced via senior management feedback.
- Ability to deliver to tight external deadlines whilst still maintaining the integrity and quality of the output required.
- Contribution to the internal customer satisfaction performance of the Finance Team.
This is a key role within the business and represents a highly rewarding opportunity to candidates with a drive to go beyond the numbers to bring benefit throughout the organisation.
If you are interested in hearing more about this role please send your CV to