Our client a global marketing company based in Putney is seeking a senior accountant to join their team with a view to progressing to Financial Controller over the next 12 - 18 months. This role would suit a newly qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA professional.
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Report to the Financial Controller / Finance Director with timely and accurate financial information
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Responsible for US office accounts
- Responsible for aspects of UK accounts
- Deputise for Financial Controller when required
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the finance controller
Daily / Weekly
In relation to UK and US accounts:
- Update UK and US cash books with bank transactions
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly posted, recorded, filed, and reported in Exchequer and cash book.
- Check CRM for invoiced clients and ensure clients are invoiced in a timely manner
- Create, send, and follow up on invoices
- Post invoices to the accounting system in a timely manner.
- Maintain ledgers.
- Ensure US accounts are closed within 8 business days of month-end
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Reconcile all key balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis and no later than end of following month
- VAT/GST returns.
- Intercompany account review and necessary postings
- Payroll - process and send returns as directed by financial Controller
- Collect information for and prepare payroll payments for employees
- Monthly review of debtor ageing and chase any long overdue balances
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
- Help oversee and manage individual accounts
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets
- Review and audit financial statements and reports, ensure all calculations and data entries are correct
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees and/or clients
- Report any troubling discoveries or suspicion of wrongdoing
- Assist the financial controller in creating financial reports on a regular basis
- Answers question and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as needed
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job