Our client, a global organisation and a FTSE listed business with a shared service centre in Shirley, are looking for an Assistant Financial Accountant. This is an exciting vacancy for a part qualified/QBE Financial Accountant to gain exposure and experience in a large organisation.
The main focus of the role will be ensuring correct reconciliation of bank accounts and providing assistance to the production of statutory accounts and corporation tax.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of bank accounts
- Assist with producing Statutory Accounts and support with Statutory Reporting
- Assist with producing Tax computations for all groups of companies
- Assist with producing draft Tax Computations for all group companies
- Liaise with group Tax Department, external advisors, government bodies and auditors on taxation issues when required
- Provide Corporation Tax advice to non-finance staff
- Provide cover for other members of the Financial Accounts team, including payroll
- Supporting other members of the Finance team with ad-hoc projects
Ideal candidate profile:
- Being at least midway through a qualification with one of the 3 main accountancy bodies would be an advantage
- Must have practical experience of a wide range of financial accounts work
- Good time management so that work can be carefully planned and prioritised in order to meet both internal and external deadlines in the appropriate order combined with a flexible approach to deal with the demands of the uneven workload throughout the year
- Good interpersonal skills to deal with people at all levels both within the organisation and externally coupled with the confidence to raise issues of concern and, where appropriate, shows the initiative to deal with them
- A good level of computer literacy, particularly Excel. Prior experience of Oracle would be an advantage
If you or anybody in your network would be interested in this role please contact Marcus Jolly on or .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job