Our well-established client based in the FMCG sector are looking for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join their expanding team in South West London.
Purpose of Role
The role involves working as part of a small accounts team, delivering an accurate and efficient service to the business. As well as the preparation of management monthly accounts for two smaller subsidiaries (including purchase ledger/sales ledger/accruals/prepayments/bank reconciliations, fixed assets register), the post holder will be the first point of contact for the Shanghai office.
Key responsibilities of this role are;
- Preparation of management monthly accounts for two smaller subsidiaries (including dealing with the purchase ledger, sales ledger, accruals, prepayments, bank reconciliations and fixed assets register).
- Preparing monthly stock breakdown report.
- Preparing monthly sales report.
- Assisting the Financial Accountant with accruals for the main subsidiary.
- Dealing with queries and payment authorisations.
- Dealing with brokerage compilation and authorisations.
Other General Duties:
- Processing mid-month and month end payment runs online.
- Compiling Import loan documentation for payments.
- Liaising and communicating with colleagues, suppliers, customers, ports, storage and transportation partners as necessary to ensure smooth operations at all times.
- Actively contributing to team meetings in terms of reporting and seeking ways to make improvements to working methods and efficiencies.
- Undertake any other duties and tasks which are reasonably required by management.
- Previous experience of working in small commercial finance team is essential.
- Strong commercial understanding and awareness is essential.
- Must be AAT qualified or ACCA part qualified.
- Must have previous experience with commercial month-end processes and accounts preparation.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Must be able to work accurately under pressure to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Must be a good team player, but also able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have good administration and organisational skills.
- Good clear spoken and accurate written English skills.
- High level of computer literacy, and solid experience of using ERP systems (SAP is highly desirable), MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be a team player, with a "can-do" attitude who is happy to assist colleagues and "pitch-in" to get the job done.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job