Main purpose of the role:
Preparation and completion of VAT returns to ensure tax compliance. This will also involve completing other statutory returns that cover direct and indirect tax. Not limited to but including HMRC VAT return, Intrastat, EC sales list and supporting the completion of the corporationtax, CT600 return. In addition, performing day today tasks and answering queries that relate this area.
Main duties and accountabilities:
- Complete the VAT return, Intrastat return,EC saleslist and Section 23returntoHMRC within the required deadline.
- Assisting in completing corporation tax returns for the business.
- Working non-standard/non routine project work as directed by the Team Manager.
- Act as a point of contact in the tax unit, handling tax queries, covering both indirect, direct and employment taxes.
- Support the Tax Manager in ensuring that the position is compliant with current legislation, ensuring VAT is correctly reported, by checking the correct VAT liability is being reported on income and expenditure.
- Support the business in taking advantage of VAT reliefs, where available.
- Supporting the HR team in correct employment status of individuals is determined for tax.
- Support the Tax Manager in dealing with global mobility tax issues.
- Assist in ensuring the correct declaration of Imports/exports to avoid additional tax being applied on entry to the UK.
- Communicate and liaise with external contacts, representing the team as required.
- Prioritise and organise own work on a daily basis in order to meet the relevant daily, weekly or monthly tasks.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Part-qualified Accountancy background AAT/CIMA/ACCA
- Experience of VAT & company tax returns
- Advanced Excel -Vlookup, Pivot tables
- Flexible approach and ability to work in small team
- Tax Returns
- Vat Returns
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job