Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. With around 12,000 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
Assistant Finance Officer – Accounts Payable
£17,637 per annum (rising to £18,566 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week - Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 12,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
Joining a team of 14 within the invoice management team the Assistant Finance Officer will be highly motivated and have excellent attention to detail. The Invoice Management team sits within the wider Accounts Payable department and has over 30 team members. You will validate and process incoming invoices as per payment terms and take ownership of your workload.
The role of Assistant Finance Officer will include:
- Validation and processing invoices as per payment terms
- Assisting in the production of statistical information
- Processing and problem solving urgent queries
- Assisting in maintaining accurate and timely finance records
- Other general financial administrative work
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience working in a similar role within an accounts payable function is desirable
- Ability to process large volumes of data accurately whilst working to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build effective working relationships
- Flexibility and adaptability are also required to be successful within this position
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and OneNote
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counseling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient benefits
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 23 April 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job