Shared Services Connected Ltd was established as a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria, in 2013 as part of the Government’s Shared Services Strategy for Smarter Government programme and operates from four regional centres of excellence: Blackpool; Newcastle; Newport; and York. We deliver best in class business transformation programmes to across the Public Sector with a target to release one billion pounds of savings to the public.
We have established an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large-scale innovative HR, Payroll, IT, and Finance & Accounting solutions to significantly improve efficiencies and enhance service levels across Government and Public Sector.
Our clients include a number of government agencies including the Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice and Home Office as well as the Metropolitan Police Service and the Construction Industry Training Board.
The Day Job:
Following the win of a new high-profile strategic contract SSCL we have a new role for an Assistant Finance Manager to join our team to support the organisational growth. This role offers fantastic opportunity for someone established within the finance world looking to develop further in our organisation, we have an excellent track record of developing employees and internal progression backed by the Sopra Steria group, a European leader of digital transformation with nearly 7,000 employees in the UK alone. What are you waiting for?
You will be initially be responsible for financially supporting the change business unit (Revenue generation, financial period closes, variance analysis, Various financial analysis, internal costing, budgeting and forecasting) and report into the business unit Finance Manager.
A key part will be working with financial data to provide meaningful and insightful information, developing various P&L reports and forecasts, supporting the Finance Manager with reviews with senior stakeholders such as heads of departments and Directors. Additionally, you will liaise with the project teams completing the forecast that will be used by the client. The ideal candidate will be analytical, have impeccable attention to detail, be self-driven with the ability and desire to develop their career in Finance.
The role would ideally be suited to a part-qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/etc professional body qualification) or to someone AAT qualified with experience in management accounting and working with financial/management reports.
- Monthly close of accounts on a timely, accurate and professional basis (Monthly accounting adjustments/Variance analysis commentary/Forecasting)
- Update financial P&L models of a key client service contract and operational departments, including assisting in P&L forecasting and budget setting process
- Attend regular meetings with Finance Manager and key operational and project leads to review performance
- Develop and maintain financial models, with ad Hoc financial analysis & modelling
- Direct client liaison
- Working is a business partnering capacity, with the management team and senior stakeholders.
- Deputising for others in the team as required to cover key roles
- Expectation that time will be spent on the delivery sites (Gosport and Glasgow) dependent on existing Government guidance.
You need to have:
- Proven working history with a similar position
- Core Management & Reporting Management Accountancy experience
- Part-Qualified (ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, CIPFA, etc) or AAT Qualified with plans to take further qualifications
- Be educated to a degree level (Minimum grade required 2.1)
- Motivated, driven and keen to progress career with previous experience in management accounts (Forecasting/Variance analysis/Performance reporting etc)
- Strong Microsoft Office software skills, particularly Excel, Word, Power Point
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with complex information and present in a clear format and confidence to challenge where numbers don’t look right
- Flexible and adaptable to cope with a fast-paced environment in a large organisation
Contract Type: Full time, permanent
Location: Salford - with travel to Gosport & Glasgow
Security Clearance: You will be required to pass a SC Clearance before starting the position
Internal Recruiter: Katie
Salary: £26,000 - £32,000 dependent on experience
Benefits: 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'