Assistant Finance Manager
Salary:£24,000 - £30,000 + 5% flexible fund + pension + other benefits
Due to expansion SSCL have a brand new opportunity for an Assistant Finance Manager to join our Finance team. You will be responsible for financially supporting a number of overhead business areas including sales and marketing (financial period closes, variance analysis, internal costing, budgeting and forecasting) and directly support the CFO in consolidating group management accounts and reporting.
A key part will be working directly with senior stakeholders such as heads of departments and Directors, providing insightful and useful analysis. The ideal candidate will be analytical, have impeccable attention to detail, be self-driven with the ability to build relationships with high level stakeholders.
The role offers fantastic opportunity to shape a new role in our organisation and career development in a unique joint venture with a track record of developing employees and internal progression backed by the Sopra Steria group, a European leader of digital transformation with nearly 7,000 employees in the UK alone.
If you are currently studying towards or nearing completion of a professional accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA/etc) and have previous management accounting experience the opportunity is not to be missed.
- Financially support/business partner overhead business areas
- Provide monthly financial performance reports for each area
- Attend regular meetings with each business area to discuss performance
- Month End process for each area on a timely, accurate and professional basis (Monthly accounting adjustments/Variance analysis commentary/Forecasting)
- Support Public Sector CFO in consolidation of group management accounts and reports
- Complete accurate internal charging of overhead areas to other business areas
- Develop and maintain financial models
- Ad Hoc financial analysis & modelling across Public Sector
- Deputising for others in the team as required to cover key roles
- Part qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, CIPFA, etc)
- Be educated to a degree level (Minimum grade required 2.1)
- Previous experience in management accounts (Forecasting/Variance analysis/Performance reporting etc)
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with complex information and present in a clear format
- Motivated, driven and keen to progress career
- Keen attention to detail and an analytical nature
- Confidence to challenge where numbers don’t look right
- Experience with Microsoft Office software particularly Excel, Word, Power Point
- Flexible and adaptable to cope with a fast paced environment in a large organisation
You will be required to pass a SC Clearance
SSCL is a unique partnership - a joint venture formed in 2013 between Sopra Steria and the UK Government as part of the Government's Next Generation Shared Services Strategy to deliver between £400 to £600 million of savings per annum from 2016. Our purpose is to transform the way that these services are delivered across the public sector, streamlining systems and processes in order to deliver £1 billion of savings for Government and Police by 2020.
Shared Services Connected Limited is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job