Assistant Finance Manager
Location: Manchester (with some travel when required)
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 plus 5% flexible benefits package
SSCL have a brand new opportunity for an Assistant Finance manager to join our Finance team.
You will be supporting the Finance manager who is responsible for all of our Government Service lines including F&A and HR for clients such as DWP, MOJ and Home Office.
This opportunity offers the chance to grow and develop within a very commercially focused environment, where you will be working to maximise revenue and reduce cost with the overall aim of saving the Government money!
- Full financial support for the HR & Finance & Accounting services on SSCL.
- Accurate Month End management accounts production.
- Forecast and performance reviews with various transformation and service leads within SSCL areas.
- Ensuring accurate billing, booking and revenue recognition.
- Ensuring the production quality Project Accounting.
- Supporting the Single Operating Platform programme cost evaluation and financial performance.
- Supporting the commercial function as required.
- Part qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, CIPFA, etc).
- Producing statutory accounts including monthly and year end accounts.
- Forecasting and performance reviews experience.
- Strong stakeholders and client relationship management skills.
The successful candidates will be required to go through a BPSS security clearance.
SSCL is a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria who delivers a range of high quality shared services for our Government and Police clients, enabling them to operate more efficiently and more effectively. SSCL provide Finance & Accounting, HR & Payroll and Procurement as well as specialist client-specific services. SSCL has five UK Centres of Excellence and, by streamlining and modernising systems and processes in the back office, we are transforming the way these services are delivered - providing better value for our clients and better value for the UK taxpayer.
Find out more
Visit the SSCL website and the SSCL LinkedIn company page.
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Support
- Management Accountant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job