Are you an aspiring Assistant Finance Manager ready to take the next step in your career?
Working alongside the Finance Manager, you’ll be responsible for providing financial support to the senior management team ensuring that all reporting deadlines are achieved.
Within the North East, the Finance team are dedicated to ensuring we are an integral part of the North East structure. We are available to provide support to all within the North East bakeries and share our knowledge and best practice.
Proud to be keeping a down to earth approach on our bottom line makes me proud.
As 'Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand’ we have been baking bread since 1876. Today, we are proudly a fifth generation family company supplying 18,500 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 15 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies’ to work for.
Family and values is what makes us different, and we are a proud bunch, and you could be proud to take on this development opportunity as part of your journey at Warburtons.
With a good knowledge and understanding of management accounting, you’ll prepare weekly and period end accounts and supporting analysis/reports, post journals and accruals, perform routine tasks during the Financial Period, complete necessary regulatory returns, creating and receipting purchase orders and invoice reconciliations, KPI & ad hoc reports.
With your keen eye for detail you’ll be responsible for reconciliation of the Period End Balance Sheet, and investigating and resolving any differences. Produce monthly P&L and controllable cost pack for review and signoff by the Finance Manager. You’ll also play a key role in the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes.
Crucially, you’ll be a real team player with excellent communication skills, who can build and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders alike.
- CIMA part qualified or equivalent
- Previous accounting experience in a similar role and environment is desirable
- Proficient in Excel and a good working knowledge of SAP would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, and able to work effectively within a team, building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent prioritisation skills, ability of working to deadlines (weekly, monthly, ad hoc)
At last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your breads worth.
- Family time is important to us and we know it will be to you, so you’ll start you on 5 weeks holiday
- A slice of the annual profits
- Award winning pension plan
- Life assurance
- Discount vouchers and products you’ll love
- Benefits for you and the family for example; Discounted gym membership, Child care vouchers, Ride to work
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job