Assistant Finance Manager
Location: Leeds or Salford
Salary: £26,000 -£32,000pa
Benefits: 25days A/L, 4-5% matched Pension, Life Assurance (4xsal) + additional 3% flex fund to spend on benefits like gym membership, company shares, or even to buy additional annual leave
Duration: Perm/Full time
The role offers fantastic opportunity for someone to develop in our organisation ,a unique joint venture with a track record of developing employees and internal progression backed by the Sopra Steria group, a European leader of digital transformation with nearly 7,000 employees in the UK alone. Bring your Finance skills to us and in return, we’ll give you an amazing career with growth and learning opportunities.
Shared Services Connected Ltd delivers class-leading business transformation programmes to government and public sector across the UK with a target to release one billion pounds of savings to the public purse.
As a trading name of Shared Services Connected Ltd, SSCL has established an enviable record of accomplishment in the design and delivery of large-scale innovative HR, Payroll, IT, and Finance & Accounting solutions to significantly improve efficiencies and enhance service levels across government and public sector.
The company was established as a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria Ltd, in 2013 as part of the Government’s Shared Services Strategy for Smarter Government programme and operates from four regional centres of excellence: Blackpool; Newcastle; Newport; and York.
Our clients include a number of government agencies including the Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice and Home Office as well as the Metropolitan Police Service and the Construction Industry Training Board
The Day Job
SSCL have an opportunity for an Assistant Finance Manager to join our team. You will be responsible for financially supporting one of our business units (Revenue generation, financial period closes, variance analysis, Various financial analysis, internal costing, budgeting and forecasting) and report into the business unit Finance Manager.
A key part will be working with financial data to provide meaningful and insightful information, developing various P&L reports and forecasts, supporting the Finance Manager with reviews with senior stakeholders such as heads of departments and Directors. The ideal candidate will be analytical, have impeccable attention to detail, be self-driven with the ability and desire to develop their career in Finance.
The role would ideally be suited to a part-qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/etc professional body qualification) or to someone AAT qualified with experience in management accounting and working with financial/management reports.
Key skills required:
- Monthly close of accounts on a timely, accurate and professional basis (Monthly accounting adjustments/Variance analysis commentary/Forecasting)
- Update financial P&L models of a key client service contract and operational departments
- Assist in P&L forecasting and budget setting process
- Attend regular meetings with Finance Manager and key operational leads to review performance
- Develop and maintain financial models
- Ad Hoc financial analysis & modelling
- Flexible and adaptable to cope with a fast paced environment in a large organisation
- Proven working history within a similar role
- Previous experience in management accounts (Forecasting/Variance analysis/Performance reporting etc)
- Part-Qualified (ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, CIPFA, etc) or AAT Qualified with plans to take further qualifications
- Be educated to a degree level (Minimum grade required 2.1)
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with complex information and present in a clear format
- Motivated, driven and keen to progress career, and confidence to challenge where numbers don’t look right
- Experience with Microsoft Office software particularly Excel, Word, Power Point
You will be required to pass a SC Clearance before starting the position
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'