LMA are recruiting on behalf of a leading insurer based in Hampshire who, due to growth are seeking an Assistant Finance Manager to join their team!
- Partnering the Financial Reporting team to ensure accurate month end reporting.
- Support analysis and understanding of monthly performance through variance analysis against the forecast/budget and presenting this information at monthly meetings.
- Act as number two to the Finance Manager - with responsibility for smaller business teams, stepping in as and when required
- Working closely with the business to support in the identification of opportunities or risks to planned financial out-turns
- Ensure accuracy of the balance sheet and aid the financial control team by reviewing balance sheets and cash flow movements
- Adhere to Corporate Governance guidelines, ensuring all decisions are signed off by appropriate levels.
- Responsible for forecasting and budgeting of relevant income streams and costs
- Develop an understanding of how key drivers of value inter-relate and a good understanding of materiality
- Improve financial performance by providing insightful analysis and challenging the business where necessary
- Financially numerate with an educational background
- Experience and background in an accounting/finance role
- Commercially minded
- Enthusiastic and ambitious
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work well in a team environment
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of the insurance industry is an advantage
- Graduate level education
- Studying CIMA or an equivalent accounting qualification
- Adaptable and flexible, with the ability to prioritise manage and deliver under tight or conflicting deadlines
- An innate curiosity & desire to understand and challenge
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'