Assitant Farm Manager
Avara Foods are currently recruiting for an Assistant Farm Manager to join a farm in Shobdon, Herefordshire.
We are a leading supplier of chicken, turkey and duck products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 6000 people.
The growth of our business is based on providing a high quality, affordable product and delivering great service levels to our customers. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
The Assistant Farm Manager will work closely with the farm management team, managing on a day to day basis, a Broiler Growing Farm. The main responsibility of Assistant Farm Manager is for the wellbeing and performance of the livestock, although this will by definition, extend to the up keep and appearance of the site as a whole.
- The Assistant Farm Manager will ensure that the farm produces least cost Agricultural Performance
- Supervise all third parties and employees on the farm, ensuring visitors/contractors comply with company standards EH and S standards.
- Ensuring the welfare of livestock, feed ordering, ventilation management, vaccination, record keeping etc. are met.
- Maintain accurate records as stipulated by Avara Foods & UK legislation (goods and services received, generator, alarm logs, crop records, medication register, accident book etc.).
- Operate financial control systems in support of effective best cost management.
- Ensuring that high standards of animal welfare, hygiene and husbandry practice are maintained.
- Comply with legislative and assurance scheme standards.
- Working on other farm sites, as and when needed.
- Covering in the Farm manager’s absence
- Reporting to the Farm Manager
- Need to have effective communication and people skills essential
- Able to work with minimal supervision and carry out manual duties – essential
- Own transport – essential
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and self-motivation – essential
- Basic IT skills including Microsoft Office – essential
- Knowledge of Agriculture/livestock production – desirable
- Knowledge of Broiler Farm management best practices – desirable
- NVQ level 3 in poultry production or similar qualification, desirable but not essential as training will be given.
We are committed to making sure our employees reap rewards of commitment and great performance. You will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
We offer comprehensive training as well as development and career progression opportunities. You can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
- Discounted Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
Due to Bird Welfare, it is important that you do not possess any avian pets/poultry.
Avara Foods is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job