We have a diverse mix of spaces at the hotel and there’s always something happening.
We arrange weddings of different sizes, host external conferences, meetings and the hotel’s own Craft and Design Fairs as well as accommodate internal get-togethers and training sessions.
We’re always on-the-go, whether dealing with enquiries, setting up spaces, attending planning meetings or overseeing the smooth running of events.
The role of Assistant Events Manager is to ensure the seamless and professional delivery of all events at Bedruthan to the required standard. To enable and develop the Events Team whilst leading by example and actively support the Events Manager with planning, creative up-selling and day to day management of the Events Team and areas.
As part of the management team, this role sits on the Duty Management rota.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain relationships with key teams, internal and external guests and suppliers
- Assisting with recruitment, selection, leading and developing the Events Team
- Deliver an excellent booking and communication process
- Smooth operation of events
- Ensure all events are billed and paid for
- Budget management and maximising revenue
- Ensure all events areas are maintained
Applicants need to have management and events management experience and have previously used computerised booking and billing systems.
You will be pro-active, able to problem solve and have excellent planning and communication skills with attention to detail. Excellent numeracy, verbal and written English with intermediate computer skills are essential.
Enthusiasm with an engaging personality and confidence are all key to making this role work successfully.
- £21,500 per year
- Permanent contract for 40 hours per week including weekends
- Development and training
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Hotel tips
- Free use of swimming pool, tennis court
- Many more manager perks and for long service
Closing date: Sunday 22 April 2018
Shortlisted applicants will need to attend a Selection Day on Monday 30 April 2018
Start Date: available immediately
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life.
- Management Experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job