Assistant Estimator | Chester |
Surfacing/ Civil Engineering |
£25,000 - £35,000 + Package
- Do you have experience/ understanding of Road Surfacing?
- Do you have minimum 1 years experience of working as an assistant estimator in Civil Engineering?
- Able to perform enquiries, pricing or measure quantities?
If so, please apply!
Due to expansion of works, I have an opportunity for an Assistant Estimator to support the production of estimates & enquiries for a range of surfacing projects. You will report Directly to the Managing Director and Operations Manager, so you must be an effective communicator and open to learning new systems/ processes.
This position would be ideal for someone who has hands on experience of surfacing and keen to progress into a commercial position. You will initially be based in the office and after 6 months gain extra responsibility and visits sites/ clients etc.
Opportunity to progress to a Senior Estimator position within 6-12 months for the right candidate.
*HNC/ HND or equivalent in relevant qualification
* Experience of surfacing/ roads/ highways/ street works?
* Minimum of 1 year experience working alongside an Estimator/ Site Agent/ Project Manager?
* Good I.T. skills - MS Word, Excel, MS Project (or P6), and knowledge of AutoCad would be an advantage
* Estimating software experience?
* Beneficial to have understanding of reading drawings, specifications and other documents and be able to produce materials "take offs", Bills of Quantities and sub-contract packages
* Assessing material, labour and equipment requirements for tenders and producing & issuing enquiries for pricing by suppliers
* Analysis of quotes returned from sub-contractors and suppliers.
* Checking quantities provided by Clients in Bills of Quantities
* Managing Documentation and record keeping
* Occasional driving for work to attend meetings or site visits
If you are interested in discussing the role further, please contact Daniel on:
Alternatively email your CV to:
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job