Assistant Engineering Buyer
Expanding niche provider of automation and robotic solutions to industry is looking to increase its capability by growing its purchasing team.
The role will be working in a small team to support the purchasing function of the business across the board; from buying office supplies through to materials and specific components or subcontracted parts for production projects.
Example duties will include:
- Ensure materials are available when required by Production and through management of supplier lead times and stock levels
- Optimise ordering processes by looking at stock holding levels, order volumes and order frequency
- Checking and challenging purchase order requests and supplier pricing
- Sourcing supply options for unique items or services
- Support the identification and delivery of cost saving initiatives.
- Report relevant supplier KPIs
- Ensure delivery schedules stay on plan, budget and meet specified Quality standards
This role will suit someone who is IT literate with some purchasing experience gained in a manufacturing / technical environment that is organised, a team player and excellent communicator.
Key personal skills for the role:
- Knowledge of manufacturing ERP/MRP Systems & Office 365, Sage essential
- Confident in buying against technical drawings and selecting appropriate suppliers accordingly
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills
- Confident in numeracy and written/verbal communication
- Technical/Engineering awareness e.g. bill of materials
This company is part of a global business and has witnessed strong growth in the past 18 months will double in size in the near future. Its friendly staff and excellent company culture will offer the right candidate real opportunity to thrive and grow their career.
- sage 200
- bill of materials
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'