Zenith People are working with our client who have an opportunity for an experienced Assistant Site Manager to join the business on a permanent basis. The main purpose of the role is to Assist the Site Engineering Manager in the running of a busy, fast moving Manufacturing plant. Working a Shift Pattern of 4 Days on, 4 Days off this role involves managing the shift-based engineering teams operating on a continental shift pattern giving cover 24/7 within a large manufacturing facility producing high volume, high quality products.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- To ensure the safe operation of all people, plant and equipment
- Responsible for engineering permits to works including contractor control and monitoring when applicable
- To ensure PPM’s are completed to a high standard utilising the Shire system for accurate planning and tracking. Challenge and improve the PPM with the shift teams
- To coach the teams and develop their knowledge, skills and standards
- Completion of Piranha Reports for all work completed by yourself and direct reports
- Challenge engineering staff utilisation and completion rates for planned and unplanned works in line with the KPI
- Take ownership of countermeasures that have been identified, plan and implement accordingly
- To develop the knowledge of the shift teams and call upon the functional support from the wider Engineering team
- Lead Root Cause Analysis into failures
- Focus on Top 3 issues weekly in line with Production KPI
- Responsible for the management of visitors and service providers
- To attend tier meetings and support the Business Units and their teams
- To develop the relationships of shift leader and production mangers/leaders in the running and reporting of the shift
- Support the engineering manager by developing and ensuring compliance to both engineering quality and safety standards
- Participate and communicate in detail with all team members at weekly meetings
- Develop the training matrix for shift leaders and shift engineering teams
- To conduct appraisal reviews and implement personal development plans
- Take a proactive role to ensure actions are taken to reduce downtime and increase efficiencies.
- Assist with the training and development of others where appropriate.
- Identification, raising and closure of Near Misses
- Workshop only to be used when working on jobs or computer based work such as inputting work orders, 5-WHY’s, Asset Care etc.
- Drive a 'can do’ attitude through the team
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED
- HNC or Higher
- Advanced HSE Qualification
- Qualified in Leadership training
- FMCG exposure
- General awareness of site services
- Maintenance systems (CMMS)
- Appraisal systems (PDP’s)
- Electrical & Mechanical process
- Electro- Pneumatics systems/Hydraulics/Conveyor systems
- People management
- Preventative maintenance & techniques
- Route cause analysis
THE PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A natural leader with the ability to drive change
- Knowledge of Mechanical & Electrical Engineering/Maintenance
- Flexible and hands on approach
- Previous experience working in a similar role at a similar level
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Resilient in the face of adversity
- Self-starter who is accountable for self and encourages others to do the same
- Application of CI methodology
If you are an experienced Maintenance Technician with Supervisor experience please click apply now.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'