Assistant Engineer Design
My Client is a leading single highway engineering provider with the expertise and resources to engage in the planning, design, construction, maintenance and operation of motorways and roads. They are currently looking to expand on their diverse and growing team in Darlington by recruiting an Assistant Engineer (Design).
Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Company car/car allowance
- Company pension contribution
- Fantastic Bonus Scheme (One of the best)
- Private medical cover
- Training and development team support
- Degree qualified Engineer or an Engineer with equivalent relevant experience.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes.
- CSCS accreditation appropriate to the post.# Knowledge and understanding of other design areas including; Drainage; VRS; Geotechnical, Street Lighting, Traffic Signals, Technology.
- Understanding of exercising the Designer's obligations of CDM.
- Knowledge of H&S requirements related to relevant engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of design codes and specifications (DMRB / MCDHW etc) relevant to highway engineering.
- Undertake CDM responsibilities under role of DESIGNER on scheme designs, ensuring the principles of risk reduction are implemented on all schemes and at all stages of design.
- To deliver cost effective, innovative and technical design solutions to maintain or improve Highways England's strategic road network, to agreed budget, programme and quality, whilst considering the needs of the Client & key stakeholders.
- Deliver schemes to programme and budget and report on progress on a regular basis and forecast progress and costs including preparation of designs, reports, specifications and other deliverables for their schemes.
- Detailed development and design of schemes including drawings, reports and calculations, in accordance with the Highways England standards including the DMRB, IANs and MCHW.
- Seek innovation in the delivery of schemes and techniques used to design and construct them.
Please call Aishah Abdulla at Randstad CPE to discuss further on /
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"