We are looking for a journalist with two to three years’ experience who is ready to move on to the next stage in their career.
Akabo Media is a small, well-established, business-to-business publisher with leading magazines, conferences, events and exhibitions in the logistics, supply chain and transport industries, including the annual Supply Chain Excellence Awards. It publishes Logistics Manager magazine monthly in print as well as online, as well as a series of supplements over the year covering robotics and innovation, and the third-party logistics market. Logistics Manager’s reputation is built on its independence and high-quality journalism, and is well regarded across the industry.
- Degree in English, Journalism or the equivalent
- Minimum two years’ experience in feature writing, interviewing and transcribing
- Excellent grammar & proofreading skills, accuracy and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to cultivate stories through contacts, and to work fast under pressure whilst adhering to tight deadlines
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience in digital and social media, including live Tweeting
- Experience of or a strong interest in the Logistics and Supply Chain industry
- Self-starter who can work independently, as well as part of a small team
- Previous experience in Business publishing would be an advantage
- Understanding of SEO principles and up to date with latest SEO trends
- Knowledge of media law is preferable
- Produce high quality original content, with maximum engagement value
- Product news and features as well as contributing to the production of both the print and electronic products
- Work with the Editor to manage feature workflow, contributors and photographers
- Sub content as required
- Take full editorial responsibility for smaller supplements throughout the year
- Deputise for Editor as required
The editorial team is also responsible for daily news alerts, as well as weekly news round-ups.
You will be expected to build relationships with senior figures in supply chain and logistics, recognise trends in the market and analyse key developments.
As Assistant Editor you work as part of a small team and will report to the Editor.
In return we offer an excellent remuneration package, real career development
- Digital Media
- Writing Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job