Assistant Editor - Leading B2B Publisher
Lloyd Recruitment Services are currently working with a leading media and events publisher based in Redhill. Due to ongoing success, there is now a requirement for an Assistant Editor to join the team.
The main purpose of the role will be to write editorial copy and support and assist in the efficient production, design and development of publications and associated products to meet the needs of a targeted readership.
The job will also include attendance at company exhibitions, conferences and other events.
- To write, sub and proof editorial copy (including news / new product information / features) to ensure the quality of production, to avoid costly mistakes, to maintain house-style, factual accuracy and objectivity and to meet deadlines
- To progress editorial material to schedule to ensure that journals are planned for best use of space
- To support the Editor in liaison with service departments and sales managers and sub-contractors (e.g., printers) to ensure that deadlines are met
- To attend press visits and represent the magazine at industry events as required by the Editor for a fact-finding purpose for writing articles, to see contacts and source new ones and to take relevant photos, to raise the profile of the journal and build up industry knowledge.
- To produce copy for our website, and update website with news, diary events and show information
- To maintain our social media (Twitter and LinkedIn) profiles with information
- To maintain awareness of all departmental activities and cover for colleagues in their absence
- To respond to general external enquiries and problems
- To suggest topics for publication and contribute ideas
- To lay out pages (editorial copy and photography) using InDesign packages and to ensure that editorial pages are created to house-style and in a manner acceptable to the relevant industry efficiently, cost effectively and aesthetically.
- To process InDesign packages into print-ready PDFs.
- Effective forward planning
- Subbing, proof-reading
- Design and layout (including competence in DTP including InDesign (Essential)
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Pitstop (desirable)
- Microsoft Office
- Good communication
- A driving license is desirable but not essential
- Experience in journalism, preferably business to business, and/or a formal qualification in business to business publishing/journalism or PR/accredited industry experience and magazine layout.
Salary of up to £25K
Due to the high volume of applications, Lloyd Recruitment Services can only contact shortlisted candidates.
- Proof Reading
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'