This is an exciting opportunity to join Deloitte's market-leading Restructuring Services group in Birmingham, where you will work alongside a strong team advising the boards, management teams, lenders and shareholders of companies, which are underperforming and/or facing financing issues.
The Birmingham office is a full service practice from corporate advisory to insolvency.
This is an exciting time to join Deloitte. The global are increasing the impact we make on our most significant clients and the opportunities we can provide to our people with the creation of Deloitte North West Europe; and importantly the Regional UK business is thriving.
Our leaders set the example and inspire their colleagues, taking an interest in our people. We have a strong focus on respect and inclusion and are well known for our agile working arrangements. You will join a collaborative culture and as an Assistant Director and will play an important role in developing more junior team members.
As an Assistant Director, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of engagements across all sectors, with plenty of responsibility for leading on-the-ground teams, managing junior staff and supporting the partners and directors in client-facing delivery.
The role includes technical delivery, business development and talent management.
The type of work that you will get involved in may include:
• Business Reviews for lenders and corporates
• Short term cash flow reviews, monitoring and cash management
• Developing options including contingency planning
• Insolvency assignments
• Supporting management teams preparing and challenging business plans, short term cash flow forecasts and restructuring plans.
• Managed exit work developing exit options such as closure and accelerated sale.
• Implementing closure programmes and AMA processes
The nature of the work may include:
• Managing specific workstreams on a day to day basis with director/partner oversight;
• Project managing all or parts of the engagement, providing support to the director/partner in managing external stakeholders as well as managing RS and other service line teams involved
• Managing small teams and creating effective delegation and development opportunities for individual team members
• Understanding and actively managing the Firm’s risk from take-on through to completion of engagements
Actively support business development activities using your own contact network as well as supporting partner-led marketing and sales activities:
• Identify and pursue potential opportunities using your own network as well as participating in existing business development programmes and key client accounts
• Identify opportunities to expand jobs as well as opportunities to provide wider Deloitte services to existing clients
• Lead marketing initiatives aimed at specific channels to market, or events
• Be involved with our local office initiatives such as our Midlands Purpose
Actively support practice and talent development:
• Provide on-job coaching and development to staff
• Develop junior staff outside of jobs through appraising and mentoring
• Support wider RS training initiatives
The National team increasingly works on cross-border, multi-jurisdictional situations so it is possible that there will be opportunities to work on large and exciting cases in conjunction with colleagues in Deloitte member firms across Europe and potentially worldwide.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: You will be based in the Deloitte Birmingham office, however the role may also involve travel and will require the flexibility to meet peaks of work inherent in the cycle of a deal. We specify full mobility for our financial advisory roles but we make arrangements respectfully. Working from home days are available and flexible depending on clients, deadlines, and projects.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
To qualify, you must have:
• Broad financial restructuring experience;
• ACA or other recognised accountancy qualification (JIEB qualification helpful but not pre requisite)
• Understanding of debt markets, banking, loan agreements and other relevant financial and legal documentation
• Good understanding of the restructuring marketplace, its trends and key players (principals and advisers)
• A developing network of relevant contacts in the market
• Very strong analytical skills, including: financial analysis, business planning, short-term cash flows, financing options.
• Ability to formulate contingency plans
• Strong understanding of insolvency legislation and practical experience of delivering insolvency assignments.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and evidence of leading clients/ providing advice in difficult situations
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to lead small teams and develop people
• Commitment and willingness to work under pressure, sometimes long hours, always putting the client at the centre
• Ambition to learn and develop further
• Ability to conduct business in fluent oral and written English is a pre-requisite
Your service line
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business.
For full job description please see our Career Site
Requisition code: 161882
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'