Role Reference No: UK/83/ADM
Location: Liverpool, UK
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Permanent
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Car Allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Childcare Vouchers
We are BCEGI Construction (UK) Ltd, a subsidiary of Beijing Construction Engineering Group, an international investor and construction company specialising in bringing projects to life. As a Top 225 global contractor, we provide design-build, general contracting and purchasing with logistics.
BCEGI UK are committed to attracting local talent, bringing together a diverse team of highly experienced people who are key to making BCEGI a great place to work.
We are looking for an Assistant Design Manager to assist the Design Manager with the organisational aspects of the project.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a design management/coordinator role within the construction/engineering sector. You will also have a qualification in Building Engineering/Construction/ Architecture. Full clean driving licence and a valid CSCS card.
Tasks may include but not limited to:
- Managing of document control, requesting information from designers, raising technical queries and file management.
- Assist the Design Team in verification, validation and certification of designs, ensuring compliance and Building Regulations and employer’s requirements such as:
- Schedule of documentation checks.
- Drawings reflect requirements of construction.
- Designs are in line with client requirements and expectations.
- Designs are in accordance with BREEAM/similar requirements and budget constraints.
- Ensure delivery of design documentation in line with design and submission programme.
- Assist in technical checking.
- Assist in writing of submission text.
- Collating drawings/submissions material with transmittals to post to teams.
- Dealing with enquiries from designers/supply chain/ sub-contractors.
- Liaising with the design team members on approval matters.
- Monitoring and policing document control system.
- Dealing with notices, auctioning, ordering drawings and distribution.
- Training designers/sub-contractors and other personnel on ASite document management system.
- Liaise with internal and external construction and design staff.
- Ensuring that designers are delivering to their scopes of services and the design responsibility matrix.
- Updating of the Design Management Plan over the duration of the project
This role will require a strong work ethic, a good team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a desire to continuously pursue innovation and development. The ideal candidate will be customer focused and have excellent IT skills.
We are a supportive and flexible organisation that’s rightly proud of our work and excited about the future. So, if you think you would enjoy a role in a growing business and would like a new challenge.
- CSCS Card
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'