Tigerlily are recruiting for an outstanding nursery looking for an Assistant Deputy Manager/room leader. The nursery is a large one at 140 places so maybe an experienced deputy of a small nursery would suit this assistant role. The candidate must have room leader experience and ideally some deputy experience too.
It will be a 40 hour week over 5 days of different shift times. 8 hour days with an hour lunch break too.
The Room Leader roles will be -
Supervise, coach, reprimand and praise staff that work in your room to ensure high standards are consistently achieved, that your staff are following policy and practice and that they feel motivated and happy in their job
• Ensure that all staff carry out their duties and responsibilities, that cleaning checklists are managed daily and that correct staff/child ratios are properly maintained throughout the day in your room and in the garden
• Be a role model to all staff ensuring your practice is outstanding, modelling Oxfordshire Nurseries policy and practice at all times
• Ensure that all children in your care are safe and avoid preventable accidents through constant supervision and observation both indoors and out
• Observe each child’s development constantly both through spontaneous and narrative observations, reviewing and updating their progress in line with their individual development records, reporting to parents/ carers constantly on achievements, difficulties, interests and interactions with others •
• Use your observations of the children to track their level of understanding in all areas of the EYFS, reporting any developmental concerns or achievements to your room leader and ensuring you are planning activities around gaps in your observations to achieve effective moderation.
• Ensure that all children in your room are tidy, happy and ready for their parents to take home at the end of their session
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job