Why work for us?
At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. We have been awarded a place in the top 25 Best Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 600 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader, which is why we were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen 2015 for our quality and excellence. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success through the expansion of our local depot network. We are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business.
Summary of the Role
As an Assistant Depot Manager you will support the Depot Manager in leading and inspiring your team to achieve and exceed sales targets through building strong working relationships with the local trade. In your Depot Managers absence you will confidently be able to ensure the smooth running of the depot.
• Support your Depot Manager in the day to day operations as well as provide cover in your Depot Manager’s absence.
• Embrace and promote Howdens unique selling points such as product quality and best local price.
• Maintain a safe working environment, in line with Health and Safety Regulations.
• Deliver results by contributing to profitability and sales turnover.
• Use your excellent communication skills to develop collaborative business associations with customers from the building trade, to enable positive and trusting relationships.
• To have a good understanding of the depot costs and banking.
• To directly communicate with Senior and Area Managers as appropriate in the absence of the Depot Manager.
• To promote and ensure effective account management.
• To assist in the return of acceptable stock inventory results in line with company targets and guidelines.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Proven management skills in the trade industry
• Ability to achieve sales targets by developing and managing a team
• Problem solving skills
• Able to communicate effectively and report to all levels
• A desire for continuous personal and professional development
In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with some great benefits, which include:
• Competitive salary
• Monthly depot performance bonus
• Matched contribution pension scheme
• Team incentives and outings
• 24 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years
• Staff discount on Howdens products
• Share awards and prize draws
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job