Assistant Cost Accountant
Our client is a globally renowned business, a leading global manufacturer and marketer of chemical products, pigments and additives, that bring colour and vibrancy, protect and reduce energy consumption. This highly impressive business, turning over $2bn with EBITDA circa $0.3bn, operates from 27 facilities globally, employing 4,500 people and sells in more than 110 countries, product being used as ingredients in thousands of everyday items including paints, plastics, cosmetics, paper, pharmaceuticals, inks, catalysts, concrete, building materials and in water purification.
The Assistant Cost Accountant role offers a rare opportunity to be part of a global finance team based within global headquarters in Wynyard, in the North East of England, and a business that’s in an exciting stage of its development.
A member of the transactional team responsible for Actual/Group costing and inventory valuation processes you will also support the Fixed Cost Accountant in designing and producing analysis for monthly and annual reporting and budgeting. Reporting to the Group Cost Reporting Manager, and with some business travel, your responsibilities as Assistant Cost Accountant will include:
• Ensuring all inventory valuation policies & processes are followed, in order to comply with internal control, segregation of duties, delegation of authority and SOX compliance
• Generating variance analysis reporting of actual, budget and forecast results for business and the Group consolidation reporting teams
• Supporting the Product Cost Accountant in delivery of defined, high quality cost control to agreed standards, ensuring engagement with the site senior management teams, including four key areas of inventory valuation:
o Site based Direct & Indirect costs
o Inventory valuation and control
o Cost reporting
o Cost budgeting and forecasting
• Assisting the Business Process Owner of the CO module and support Direct & Indirect cost reporting, including product costing, inventory valuation and maintenance costs
• Assisting in implementation of relevant ERP projects that arise either from business improvement, change or compliance initiatives
• Assisting the Fixed Cost Accountant in preparing and distributing spend reports to cost centre managers and shared service functional leaders
• Assisting the Fixed Cost Accountant in preparing budget data and analysis
• Assist with the compilation of data in order to respond to queries from both internal and external audit teams
• Maintain master data to support accurate assignment of cost centres to functions and owners
• Assisting the wider Finance team and site-based costing teams with special requests, ad-hoc reporting and data maintenance requirements
Required for the Assistant Cost Accountant role, you will offer/be:
• Post degree (or equivalent) relevant experience - evidence of achievement working in a financial accounting environment in an Assistant Accountant, Cost Accountant, Financial Accountant or Management Accountant type role
• Relevant accounting qualification or desire to study and qualify as a professional accountant
• Highly numerate with a passion for data manipulation and management - highly analytical with a keen attention to detail - advanced skill in excel including the use of pivot tables and macros
• Knowledge of Internal Controls
• The ability to operate effectively, with initiative and customer focus, in a business operating in different geographies, time zones and cultures
• Knowledge of the main areas of SAP product costing including bills of materials, rate routings, activity rates and work centres (SAP modules FICO, MM, PM, and PP)
Please note: High levels of interest mean we will only contact you if your application is shortlisted and this will happen within five working days. You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
- Advanced Excel
- Cost Accounting
- Internal Controls
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'