Gretna Green Famous Blacksmiths Shop Visitor Attraction is now recruiting for an Assistant Cook to work as part the team in the Foodcourt Restaurant, assisting in the day to day running of the catering area to ensure quality standards are met and duties performed in a timely manner.
Hours: 16 per week working 2 days out of 7 days including weekends and flexing up to 30 hours per week during busy summer months
Rate of Pay: National Minimum Wage
- Assisting with the smooth running of the kitchen production areas
- Washing dishes manually and also by using the dishwasher
- Assisting in basic food preparation
- Cleaning pots, pans and any other kitchen utensils
- Maintain the kitchen work areas in accordance with HACCP regulations
- Storing away all crockery, cutlery and glassware
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor
- Emptying bins when they are full
- Making sure that all kitchen equipment like food mixers, fridges, cookers are in good working order
- Reporting any fault equipment to the chef
- Keeping the storerooms well stocked and organised at all times
- Keeping breakages down to a minimum
- Complying with the daily cleaning rotas
- Handling all glasses and china with great care
- Attending company training programmes when required
- Accepting food deliveries from suppliers and storing them
- Assisting in other areas of the hotel when required to
- Using the correct amount of specialist chemicals when cleaning work surfaces and equipment
- Ensuring that at the end of the shift the kitchen is ready for the morning staff.
- To comply with all company policies , procedures and legislation, in particular Food Hygiene Regulations, Health & Safety Act and Equal Opportunities Act.
- Can accurately follow instructions
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Meticulous in detail
- Able to work unsupervised
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy weights
- Having a 'can do’ attitude.
- Possessing a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
- Approachable and friendly.
- Focused on providing a consistently high standard of customer service.
- Highly motivated and focused.
- Can work under pressure.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Knowledge of hygiene
Attention to detail
If you love what you have read, please apply with your CV and a covering letter
- Basic Food
- Food Hygiene
- Food Preparation
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'