Assistant Cook -Vertas Group Limited
25 hours per week Monday - Friday, across 38 weeks
Vertas is one of the fastest growing multi-service facilities management companies in the UK. Our passion is putting our staff and customers at the heart of everything we do.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Cook to join our team at Heybridge Primary School in Maldon.
This position will be assisting with the provision of a catering service in accordance with requirements and to the satisfaction of staff and pupils.
Main responsibilities include:
- Assist with preparing or cooking simple foods, usually under supervision from the Head of Kitchen
- Support the Head of Kitchen
- Layout and display food for counter service, including receiving prepared meals and checking of temperatures and also the lay out of dining room furniture
- Assist in the serving of meals
- Collect and dispose of waste food and materials
- Clean the dining room and put furniture away
- Wash-up or clean all items of crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils, equipment, etc. in accordance with Vertas Catering policies reporting any faults or defects noticed to the Head of Kitchen
The Assistant Cook will have:
- Previous experience working in a catering environment
- Great customer service and communication skills
This post is subject to a DBS check.
If you are seeking a new opportunity and want to join an innovative and exciting company please click on the apply button below to make the difference today.
- Customer Service
- Food Hygiene
- Food Safety
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job