Assistant Cook Bank
The Assistant Cook/Chef must be reliable and fully competent in all aspects of kitchen duties and be able to support the Chef to produce a variety of menus, including catering for special dietary needs, whilst not exceeding the budget.
*Apprenticeship opportunities available
- The Assistant Cook/Chef will hold an Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate. They will also show a willingness to participate in continuous improvement and vocational training programmes.
- Have an understanding of the Health and Social Care Act 2008.
- Genuine interest in working in a care environment.
- Have an understanding of and empathy with older people.
- Be able to take a lead where needed and also be a team player.
- Required to work in a physically and mentally demanding environment.
If you would like to use your experience and people skills in an organisation that provides the best quality care you’d expect for your loved ones, then MMCG is a rewarding place to be.
In return for all of this you will receive a competitive salary package plus:
- Training support and development opportunities
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- Fully funded training
- Simply Health cover after one year of service, inc. cashback on medical and dental expenses
- Perkbox - a range of discounts and free monthly offers for a variety of high street shops and restaurants
- Car through salary sacrifice
- Cycle to Work scheme
- NEST pension plan
- Nurse and carer referral scheme
- Rewards for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service
- Annual staff recognition through MMCG Care Awards
“Maria Mallaband Care Group’s main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of its residents and staff. We have therefore adopted a Group wide policy across all our Homes requiring all new staff to confirm they are willing to receive a [Covid-19] vaccine. Prior to commencing employment, the successful applicant will be required to confirm in writing that they are happy to consent to receiving a Covid Vaccine when available, in accordance with the Government’s UK wide vaccination programme and that they are not aware of any reason why they would should not consent. We are happy to answer any queries any applicant might have about this policy.”Park Springs
Located on the outskirts of Motherwell, near to the neighbouring town of Bellshill, Park Springs is a 70 bedded care home which provides specialist nursing, residential and dementia care. Short and long-term respite stays can also be catered for to allow home carers to take a much-needed break.
Facilities include spacious lounges and quiet rooms, an on-site hair salon and activities room, and a vintage bar and events room. All areas are wheelchair accessible and en-suite bedrooms are available, along with a choice of bath and shower room facilities. The extensive grounds include attractive gardens to the front and back of the home as well as a secure internal courtyard and patio area. The multi-award-winning activities coordinator at the home provides a full programme of activities, entertainment and events for residents to choose from seven days a week. The home benefits from strong links to the local community by hosting various community events throughout the year and has access to a mini-bus for day trips.
Care is at the heart of what we do here at Maria Mallaband Care Group. We're an established family-run care provider, and we deliver care to over 3,500 residents across our 80+ care homes nationwide.
Our mission is to be the best quality; most highly regarded Care Provider in the United Kingdom and our vision is to create a home from home environment for both residents and staff.
We are committed to being an Investors in People employer, which means that we continually invest in your personal training and development. MMCG is a place where your career truly starts to grow.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Interested? Just click apply! Or if you have any further questions before applying you can contact the recruitment team at [email protected] or you can call us at .
You can find out more about life at MMCG on Facebook and Twitter:
Please be aware this vacancy may close earlier than the advertised closing date if sufficient applications have been received.
Maria Mallaband Care Group
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'