Job Title: Assistant Cook (3 days a week)
Accountable to: Catering Coordinator
Location: Acton London W3
CAPE is a mental health charity providing support services for people living with mental health needs and associated challenges. Our mission is to improve emotional resilience for people by delivering flexible services that value and encourage clients to recognise their strengths, leading them to greater mental well-being. Our founding service is a safe place providing a cafe that serves up to 50 meals a day in Acton.
CAPE is looking for a capable, motivated individual, who thrives on working in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are tight. Using your creative flair and initiative you will be responsible for planning menus and producing a variety of dishes from fresh ingredients. You will be contributing to the effective running of the kitchen alongside a dedicated team of volunteers and work placements, in the absence of the Catering Coordinator you will lead and motivate the team in their daily tasks and learning. The ideal candidate will have a flexible and enthusiastic approach to their work and enjoy working as part of team.
· Extensive food knowledge with the ability to cook and present fresh food to a consistently high standard.
· Cooking and preparation of high quality meals with the team to serve 50 hot meals a day, plus snacks and beverages.
· Deputise for the Catering Coordinator in her absence, motivating and leading the team of volunteers and work placements.
· Provide financial costings for planned menus in line with budgets when required.
· Ensure financial and cash handling procedures are complied with.
· Ensure customers are served promptly and efficiently.
· Implement Health and Safety legislation in line with CAPE's policies always.
· Consistently and actively apply good housekeeping principles, such as turning off lights and equipment when not in use, to contribute to reduce utility costs. Ensure the Kitchen and Cafe areas are cleaned and tidy at all times, creating an inviting environment for customers.
Essential / Desirable Skills and attitude for the role;
· Experience of working as an Assistant Cook using fresh ingredients.
· Self-motivated, using own initiative, desire to learn and achieve.
· Ability to motivate others.
- Hold a Certificate in Food Hygiene or a Level 1 or 2 NVQ in catering Intermediate Certificate in Food Safety or equivalents is desirable.
· Health & Safety awareness required.
· Customer care/service awareness required.
· Good numeric and literacy skills required.
· Experience of handling money required.
· Experience of working with people with mental health needs and those living with Autism Spectrum Disorder desirable
If you do not hear from us within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job