Fantastic Trainee/Assistant Contracts Manager Opportunity
Your new company
Your new company is a housing developer that pride themselves in producing amazing quality housing in the North Norfolk area.
Your new role
- Ensure all project management folders are electronic files have all required documents and are up to date.
- Assist in the competitive procurement of materials and sub contractors.
- Assist in the preparation of health and safety, quality control and tender documentation.
- Ensure health, safety and environmental plans are regularly updated in line with company and regulatory requirements.
- Collating risk method statements from sub contractors and assisting the site management team in reviewing the documents to ensure compliance and suitability.
- Provide support to close out items resulting from.
- Assist with the procurement and planning of utility companies.
- Co-ordinate and long task/ purchase orders raised on behalf of the team.
- Run reports and provide outputs to relevant team members.
- Make regular site visits providing support to the Site Managers and ensuring weekly and monthly site documentation is being completed correctly and on time.
- Co-ordinate and work with Project Managers for input into the monthly progress updates.
- Assist with organising meetings, provide support by minute taking and updating action spreadsheets.
- Provide support for the management team with a varying number of administrative tasks.
- Actively promote a good Health and Safety culture in the workplace, with other employees participate in ensuring awareness and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
What you'll need to succeed
- You must be reliable, trustworthy and proactive, with an enthusiastic approach to work and learning, with good punctuation and attendance.
- Strong organisation and communication skills, with a methodical approach and a good attention to detail.
- Excellent in the use of Microsoft application including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in using database and similar bespoke IT systems.
- Willingness to develop career and undertake further training to support career development.
- Knowledge of ASTA Powe project programming software would be advantageous.
- SMSTS and First Aid at Work certification would be highly beneficial.
- Construction related degree with a years experience in a similar Assistant role.
What you'll get in return
On offer is a competitive salary with a study support package and a fantastic opportunity to join a brilliant company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job