Assistant Construction Manager
Job Title - Assistant Construction Manager
Location - Inverurie, Scotland
Rates - up to £219.68 (Ltd) £194.50 (PAYE) per day In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
Working on the Aberdeen to Inverness line upgrade project. A 2-year project with the 14-week blockade starting on 9th May 2018.
What you will do:
- Assist in the construction management and/ or supervision of project works.
- Comply with construction management processes and effectively implement them.
- Apply a consistent approach to construction management, implementation of processes and the management of contractors.
- Assist in providing construction management input to the project works, particularly advice regarding construction/ implementation/ constructability, attendance at pre-possession planning meetings, construction/ implementation reviews and QSRA meetings.
- Assist in the liaison with the Maintainer when the project works will/ may affect Maintained Assets.
- Assist in the evaluation of progress on site against the programme and agreed milestones. Use this information to provide accurate updates to the project team and agreed reporting lines.
- Assist the Project Manager for the project works in the review of Work Package Plans, Task Briefing Sheets, commissioning plans and other project documentation.
- Undertake suitable inspections/ audits for the project works being managed regarding safety, quality, environment, engineering/ design compliance, functionality and commissioning.
- Keep suitable records for the project works being managed and communicate information regarding construction management to the rest of the project team in a timely and effective manner.
- For the project works being monitored to identify issues on site that may result in cost variation and report them to the project team, aiding in the valuation of these variations if required
- When notable issues are encountered, these will be escalated to the Construction Manager to ensure timely and effective guidance, escalation and resolution.
- Identify best practices to the Construction Manager.
Your experience will include:
- Rail construction
What you'll get in return
Capita and our client understand what it is like to work as a contractor and we will do everything we can to make it a simple process for you - this includes dedicated on-boarding, extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client
Our client is the largest rail infrastructure business in the country and is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. They are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years they will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Our client welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
- <p><strong>Job Title – Assistant Construction Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job